Favorite salad places?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

Favorite salad places?

OK, since we've talked about donuts, can we now talk about salads?

One of my favorite places to get a good salad is Joe's in Malden.  Very humble setting -- you walk in and at first, all you see is ice cream.  But be not dismayed!  They have *great* salads -- farm fresh veggies in copious amounts, a protein if you want it, and dressings are served on the side.  You choose how much you want to put on.

Nothing like local and sustainable produce!

I know some may scoff at a salad purchased at an ice cream stand, but trust me...

Amethyst/Malden

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Favorite salad places?

I'm trying not to find it funny that there are no comments on the salad post..while people are still commenting on the donut post :-) So much for healthy eating..lol

I have a few favorite places to get salads. Salvatore's restaurant makes the best Caesar Salad I've ever had. Medditeranean in North Andover has a really good salmon salad. I love the salad bar at Whole Foods and will often stop there before work to make myself a salad for lunch. A really suprisingly good place to order salad? Fuddruckers!! They make a really...really good grilled chicken salad which I usually order when there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

My home! Definitely.
    How difficult is it to throw a salad together? If you buy all the additions (olives, feta cheese, pickled small peppers etc.) in one lot, it may seem expensive, but they will last you for a long time. Besides, most of them you will already have in your very own refrigerator. Like cut up broccoli and cauliflower. And you will know, your own salad has no preservatives or some stuff sprinkled on them to keep them green.
    To add protein, a hardboiled egg will do. So will some canned tuna or leftover grilled chicken. A few defrosted shrimps or some cut up cold cuts are nice too.
    I make my own salad dressing and bring in a small jar, if going to work - to add on later.
    - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amethyst2. Show Amethyst2's posts

Yep...sure you can make a great salad at home...one of the great things about salad is that you can customize it so easily, to exactly what you want..

At home, when I make a salad, it's three kinds of greens, onions, black olives, cucumber, if I happen to have some pasta left over I'll throw that in, pine nuts, and either hard boiled eggs or chicken as protein.  If I've got a little cheese, maybe...my guilty pleasure?  A little ranch dressing...

Salad...a truly great invention you can really get creative with...salmon salad...yum!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Okay home salads are good because you can really make them how you like them. Most weeks, I make up a big bowl of salad on Sunday and take some every day throughout the week. When making salad at home I use romaine lettuce, red leaf lettuce, baby spinach, cucumbers, onion, red peppers, sliced zucchini and summer squash, carrots and if I have them scallions.  I put all of that in a big tupperware bowl and each day when packing lunch, I add something if the salad is going to be it for lunch..like shredded cheese or tuna ( or both)or chicken or salmon left over from the night before. When having salad at home I never use salad dressing. I just squeeze fresh lemon over it right before I eat it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm a daily lunch salad eater, tossing whatever is in fridge, a little of this, a little of that, on lettuce and topping with Ken's Italian dressing (my favorite), topping that with Sargento shredded monteray mix cheese.  But, if you are talking about places to stop in for a quick luncheon salad, The Cheesecake Factory has some delicious, very generous sized salads, my favorite being the Chinese Chicken.  Last week we stopped in to Friendly's and were surprised to see that they have a whole new separate menu of salad luncheons.  My friend and I got different chicken salad dishes, and we both enjoyed them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I like Not Your Average Joe's salads.  My favorite is the spinach one with candied pecans, goat cheese, and house made maple vinegrette.  I can make a decent salad (and dressing), but I'm not going to candy pecans, and DH doesn't care for goat cheese.  Would rather not eat a log of it myself, and if it's in the fridge....