Good Boxed Wines?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from marsha23. Show marsha23's posts

Good Boxed Wines?

I'm having a small gathering and I don't want to spend a fortune on wine, but I don't want to serve swill either... I've heard there are some pretty good boxed wones out there at a reasonable price. Does anyone have some suggestions? I'd like to have a variety wines for my guests, so all suggestions are appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from grampy18. Show grampy18's posts

Good Boxed Wines?

Marsha-2, Boxed wine has come a long way but cannot compete with bottles yet. There are plenty of good bottles under $10. Go to a package store that has a selection of wines and ask for help.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good Boxed Wines?

If you are close to a Trader Joe's that sell wine (I believe Cambridge and Framingham) go and check out their stock. They have wines called Chuck-a-buck. Two or three dollars for a decent wine. One year it was especially good and we bought several cases. Apparently they buy all the leftover grapes and make their own wine.
    When I last visited Europe, boxed wines was all the rage. Didn't care for them.
    Many stores have wine tasting hours - go and taste wine there. If there is one you like - buy a bottle or write down the name for future references. We have been able to pick up some great inexpensive wines, we would never otherwise have bought.
    A "bad" wine is worse than no wine at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marsha23. Show marsha23's posts

Good Boxed Wines?

Normally I have tons of Trader Joe's wine on hand, but I just ran out, and I don't have time to make a run before my party (they're nearly 2 hours away from me, so when I go I buy about 8 cases and haven't had the cash or the time lately)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marsha23. Show marsha23's posts

Good Boxed Wines?

might just get some Yellow Tail or something

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marsha23. Show marsha23's posts

Good Boxed Wines?

THANKS! I will!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marsha23. Show marsha23's posts

Good Boxed Wines?

Great suggestion! I Loved the Chardonnay - the Cabernet was also extremely good. The Merlot I didn't like as much at first, but everyone else seemed to like it.... of course, I had almost no leftovers, so it worked out great!
    and I will be buying this again! (it was only 17.99 a box!)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good Boxed Wines?

Yes, BlueWomanGroup - you are right. Two Buck Chuck it is.
    This is from Trader Joe's website:

If there’s been one constant in our wine selection lately, it’s got to be Charles Shaw. Lovingly nicknamed “Two Buck Chuck” by a member of the wine press, these California wines have become something of a phenomenon in the wine world, and in our stores. Contrary to many an urban legend, these super-value wines began as the result of an oversupply of wine and a great relationship with a valued supplier. They’ve become the nation’s best-selling wines, not surprising when you consider the combination of low price ($1.99 - $3.49 per bottle, depending on the region) and great taste Charles Shaw wines offer. Depending on the season and the quality of wine available, our selection of Charles Shaw varietals will vary, but the quality never will.

Marsha, thanks for the up on the boxed wines. Maybe I will get the courage to try them some day. Some of my friends are wine fanatics, but I can always use my pretty crystal wine decanters. LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManOnTheSilverMountain. Show ManOnTheSilverMountain's posts

Good Boxed Wines?

Try Night Train, Thunderbird, Mad Dog 20/20, or Cisco

Sections
Shortcuts