Lobster Sauce

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

Lobster Sauce

Chinese lobster sauce is an American dish. It consists of ground pork, green onions, eggs, soy sauce and black fermented beans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantab2. Show cantab2's posts

Lobster Sauce

Here's a recipe for lobster sauce, an old favorite.

http://tiny.cc/JPj9d

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattinva. Show mattinva's posts

Lobster Sauce

Catfish isn't bad, just different, and my wife eats shriimp like she used to chow down on scallops.� You get used to it, and greens really are good if they are cooked right.� Now swinging back to lobster sauce-as far as they know they don't make it down here, and they don't make their own duck sauce, either, it is all little tear packs of "Chinease Ketchup."� I'm not one of those people that likes to drown everything in duck sauce, but I'd like to have something halfway decent to dunk egg rolls and stuff like that in.�

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattinva. Show mattinva's posts

Lobster Sauce

You can get reasonably close to decent duck sauce (far better than the packs) with a mix of apple sauce, brown sugar, and vinegar.� Vary the proportions to your liking.� Still not as good as (fill in your favorite Tiki style place here) but better than what they send you home with-and wouldn't it be nice if they repealled the law that said all Chinease places south of D.C. had to be either take out or furnished with only plain table and flouresent lighting?� How about a decent a sit down place with booths, real cutlery, table service and a liquor license!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattinva. Show mattinva's posts

Lobster Sauce

remeber to pick up some decent center cut hotdog rolls!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from arntzville. Show arntzville's posts

Lobster Sauce

Does anyone know why its called lobster sauce, if its just ground pork/beef & gravy? Just curious!

I'm guessing it's kinda like duck sauce (which contains no duck)... it's intended to go well with lobster?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Lobster Sauce

Well Leas, for the same reason, they call it Duck Sauce (no ducks) and Egg rolls (no eggs). Just to name a few.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Lobster Sauce

You know Leas, I just recently read somewhere, if you soak the catfishin buttermilk for one half� to one hour, you will get rid of that- well, catfish taste. Haven't tried it yet, but I will.
    The reason for the taste, according to the article is, that catfish arefarmed and live on the bottom of whatever they are farmed in. A lot ofplankton grows there - so that is what they eat and live on.
    Btw. I also always soak my pork chops in buttermilk for 1/ 2 hour. Itmakes them a lot tender. Buttermilk is a staple in my refrigerator -keeps for a very long time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

Lobster Sauce

Hi Leasy. Yogurt on your meats, you're a dirty little thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Lobster Sauce

Oh, yeah!!! Crown cake? Is that what they call it here? (I would rather call it an Almond Ring Cake.) It is called Kranse Kage- where "krans" means� ring. It is made of Marcipan in ringsdifferent sizes - one smaller that the one below, put on top of eachother to make a tower. And then it is decorated with our national flag.(We are softies like that and very loyal to our flag).Usually the ringsstart at about 8 inches at the bottom and the cake is about 18 inchestall. No New Year's Eve w/o it.
    At one New Year's Eve party we had, one of my girlfriends just came back in time and brought one back w/ her� - a big hit.
    It is also used at a lot of other celebrations.
    One can buy it in 3 inch pieces at the bakery. One of the items, thatwas always in the care packages my parents sent from home. Just heaven.- P

Sending you an e-mail!

Sections
Shortcuts