mac and cheese

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wino369. Show wino369's posts

mac and cheese

to me for it to be exceptiional  it needs to be baked after it is put together, maybe with some canned onion rings on top even      david

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: mac and cheese

Of course Mac & Cheese has to be baked. But what about frying your own onions, instead of using those distasteful canned ones? If you go all the way making your own home made M&C - to fry up a couple of onions does not take any more time. Yum!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Gotta say, pingo, I much prefer those French's canned fried onions!  It's a guilty pleasure of mine...I eat them straight out of the can.  YUM.  I hope you still respect me. ;)

Oh, yeah, you gotta bake it, wino.  By the way, in Secrets, I asked you about your pairing of wine and artichokes - did you see it?  I'm dying to know your answer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, of course I respect you. We all have our little food secrets. For me it is the fried pork rinds. Yeah! Disgusting. Fortunately not many stores carry them. Whenever I finish a bag, I feel oh so guilty. It does not happen often, I have to say. I guess it is a missing ingredients from way back home. They keep the rind on the pork roasts. Score it, sprinkle it with salt and pepper and roast it with the pork. Oh-----so delicious!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mm, I love those.  The BBQ flavor is my fav.  My mouth is watering and I'm on my way to the grocery store...a dangerous situation!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots6thman. Show patriots6thman's posts

I also agree with the other two guys. Mac & Cheese tastes much better when it's baked. You gotta have some kinda crust on top though so either add some kind of cheese or bread crumb mixture. Mmm!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Welcome to the forums, patriots6!!  Are you a foodie?  Looking forward to your own contributions; I have a feeling you have some creations worth sharing.

I like Panko crumbs for mac and cheese; it stays cruchy.  But, between the two, I'd pick the onions for the flavor.

Sections
Shortcuts