Oldmanriver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

Oldmanriver

Should we have a board for oldmanriver? He seems to be�dominating the food board? What happened to the old board where people interacted? His recipies can be found on the foodnetwork.�

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oldmanriver

Hey Jonath, please give OMR a break! I have tried some of his recipes,and they were a hit with my family. I really don't care from where hegot them. The matter for me was, that it was someting my family liked.
    If you think the food thread has become too onesided (which I do agreewith you it is), then post some of your tried and true. This is a forumopen for all. OMRis just keeping it going. Peace!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

Oldmanriver

pingo, Here is a sauce I had in Rome last week. It was a combination of pesto and marinara sauce.Combine both sauces. Use any proportion that you like. Add a little cream and put over�penne.I prefer San Marzano tomatoes when making the marinara.�

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oldmanriver

Hi Jonath - Thanks for the recipe. Sounds just delicious. Just madePesto this past weekend. Used half and froze the rest away. Willdefinitely try it.
    One of my "have no time" dinners is to cook some pasta, put Ricottacheese and Pesto over it (to taste or whatever you like), mix well theneat w/ freshly grated Asiago cheese. Yummy!

So, you were in Rome last week? You, lucky you. I go to Giacomo in theNorth End, when I miss Rome too much. Hubby worked ther for 3 - 4months. Just love that city.

Have you ever tried to make spinach pesto? Pretty good too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

Oldmanriver

I have made spinach pesto. I throw in some parsley, about 4 to 1. Do you use fresh ricotta? I find that it mixes a lot easier.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oldmanriver

Of course I do. Make it fresh every so often. Never made pesto w/parsley - will try that , since I love the taste of parsley. It is avery commom ingredient in my home country. They throw it intoeverything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oldmanriver

I actually do have a lot of parsley leftover (nicely wrapped in a damppapertowel). Will make gremolata tomorrow night for dinner guests withmy baked salmon. That should go well, don't you think?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oldmanriver

Keep posting OMR. I enjoy you posts. If someone else don't - they are free to skip your posts. - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oldmanriver

Amen to Obb's post. She said it better than me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Oldmanriver

��� I agree with everyone here - please keep posting!� As a vegetarian, I love to see your unique recipes!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from grampy18. Show grampy18's posts

Oldmanriver

I am a retired chef. I enjoy the food and restaurant boards and have been reading them for about 2 years. This is my first post. There are no new recipies only variations of tried and true recipies. For instance using white zin instead of white wine. Or broth instead of wine. Taste is a matter of what you like. For instance, I use roasted garlic instead of raw garlic in pesto. Is it better? For me yes. Other people prefer it raw. Both people are right. Unlike OMR, I watch cooking shows and read cookbooks. You never know when you will find something different. I do not read the food boards looking forward to seeing OMR. Why? Because, unlike most of us, he is in it to make money. Think about this, his web page is copyrighted, it has ads, which generates money and he will not let you copy his recipies. Isn't the idea behind the food board to share ideas?�Thank you for letting me vent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oldmanriver

Lisaa - as a long time poster you should know by now,� that someposters are trying to plug in their own little cause. I dislike thattoo - Pingo