Pats game day food

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Pats game day food

the hands down favorite at our house is piglets in a blanket. Little hot dogs (I always use the all beef, but some people prefer the li'l smokies) wrapped in crescent rolls. Cut the crescent rolls into two crescents the long way and wrap around the mini hot dog. Bake per package directions. Serve with mustard.

Another fav is guacamole. We ALWAYS have cheddar cheese and pepperoni on crackers. Wouldn't be football without them!

When we get fancy, we have potato skins, stuffed mushrooms, shrimp cocktail.

When NY is in town, we get deli, for Buffalo, always buffalo wings, for the Dolphins, a tuna dip, for the Cowboys or Denver, we have chili.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncool926. Show uncool926's posts

Pats game day food

First, I kick back with a cold beer or two.

I start a platter of crackers, cottage cheese, sardines and pepperoncini. I eat a sardine, and it tastes ghastly, so I put the sardine flavor out of my mouth with the pepperoncini, but now my mouth is on fire, so I gotta have some cottage cheese on a cracker, and, of course, more beer.

Then, more beer.

Then I make up a platter of buffalo wings with Tapatio and Jonkanoo hot sauce, usually so hot they hurt me.

Then more beer.

I play the Tedy Bruschi drinking game. Every time the announcer mentions Tedy Bruschi or the camera shows Tedy Bruschi I have to drink whatever is left of my beer without stopping. It's awesome!

Sometimes I skip the food and just drink the beer. Maybe I have a problem.

GO PATS!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ennui. Show ennui's posts

Pats game day food

Melt one block of Velveeta along with a can of Ro-Tel tomatoes with chilies. Stir mix together and serve with Lime Tortilal chips.. Very yummy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

Pats game day food

Prosciutto di Parma wrapped aroun Italian bread sticks.

Tuna or chicken salad served on individual endives leaves.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Pats game day food

anyone who serves endive at a football game should be penalized.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

Pats game day food

Life is too short to eat junk food.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamu. Show Shamu's posts

Pats game day food

Can never go wrong with a good chili. I'd give you my recipe...but then I'd have to kill you :-) I often make cornbread with my chili biut sometimes I'll get lazy and buy a package of pre-cooked corn muffins from the supermarket.

If you can get mini-corn muffins or small squares of cornbread, another thing you can do is make mini-sandwiches with pulled pork or chicken with cole slaw (or not) or use deli-smoked turkey with a little bit of mayo.

(actually if you want my chili recipe you can email me through here)

Quick finger food - Onion flavored crackers or melba toast topped with pepperoni and pepperjack cheese. It's like a little bit of heaven in your mouth.

Sausage-stuffed mushrooms:

Just use the pre-cooked jimmy dean log stuff and mix in some cheddar cheese, garlic & breadcrumbs. Bake at 350 or stick in the toaster oven til cheese is melted and shrooms are cooked.

Stove-pop some popcorn, but when you take a scoop full of kernals season them with coriander, curry powder, ginger and salt BEFORE popping. Toast up some slivered almonds and mix them in with popcorn. Top with either butter or honey and more spice if needed.

Homemade salsa is always nice and you can make it the night before. I'm a big fan of grilled pineapple salsa myself.

I'm trying to think but drawing a bunch of blanks right now :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 66que. Show 66que's posts

Pats game day food

Great recipe, you get first prize; this one is at the Super Bowl party !! One thing to make it easier, just buy the rotesserie (sp?) chicken at the market, that will get the dip on the table that much quicker. Thanks for sharing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chefa1a. Show chefa1a's posts

Pats game day food

superb menu choices

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tugboat. Show tugboat's posts

Pats game day food

Hickory BBQ Sauce and Brown sugar marinated Kielbasa...you can't beat that! Cut them up small before you marinate them and just put out on a platter w/ tooth picks and everyone will love them!

Sections
Shortcuts