Pita Chips

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Pita Chips

Does anyone have a recipe for making pita chips?

Thanks

putt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

Pita Chips

putt1, pretty simple buy pita bread and brush with olive oil,cut into wedges, put on sheet pan bake 375 for 10-15 min.
    To get fancy infuse oil with whatever you like.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Pita Chips

Thanks johnath

Sounds pretty simple - will give it a try this weekend.

putt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Pita Chips

Hi putt, Johnath is right. It is so simple. I pull my pita bread apart, so I have two rounds. Spray them w/ Pam Olive Oil, cut them into wedges and the bake them. Sometimes I sprinkle them w/ parmesan cheese or garlic powder or maybe chili pepper. Lots better than the store bought chips.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Pita Chips

Hi pingo

I just made a tray but think they were overcooked. I spread each half with olive oil and garlic cut into wedges and baked about 10 minutes. They were a little too brown. Will try again and lower the temp. I am going to a Christmas party Monday and thought they would taste good with hummus.

Thanks

putt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Pita Chips

Hi putt - sorry about your burned batch of chips. They really do not need much time in the oven. They need the high temp. in order to get crispy - but try to watch them and give them less time.
    Also, as you must know - ovens do vary a lot. Maybe it is time to check the temp. in your oven. Mine was too low - I found it was about 25 degrees lower than expected. I had to keep giving everything more time. Now I just up everything 25 degrees and things are fine, Love hummus - do you make your own? It is pretty easy - if you need a recipe I have one. - Pingo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Pita Chips

Here's a tip:

whisk your seasonings and olive oil together in a large mixing/salad bowl.
    after cutting/tearing up your pits bread, toss the pieces in the bowl.
    this way, all of your seasonings get absorbed into the bread, there's no waste, and it's easier than brushing.

Here's what I use: sea salt, fresh ground pepper, paprika, roasted garlic paste, thyme, oregano, parsley, finely shredded (not grated) cheese (try an asiago/parm/romano blend), extra virgin olive oil (about 2 tbsp. per loaf)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Pita Chips

Thanks Mattyhorn-2

Your recipe sounds wonderful - will give it another try this weekend. I had actually thought about putting the olive oil and seasonings in a plastic bag with the pita wedges and shaking everything together. Seems like it would be easier and cover each piece completely.

putt