Pressure canner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pressure canner

Anyone pressure can? I'm looking at the similar sized Presto and All American canners. The Presto is considerably cheaper but is not American made and relies on a rubber gasket, a potential failure point of a pressure cooker. The All American is expensive, but American made and uses a metal-to-metal precision machined seal, no rubber to replace/inspect/worry about. My question is does anyone have either of these that they use for canning? $80 v $200 is a big deal. Words of wisdom? Thanks, ~kar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Pressure canner

I got the 23 qt presto for 80 bucks, and I'm glad I did because at that size I can't find any stainless steel one, even the AA is aluminum. I guess if I ever want to pressure cook I can get a smaller stainless steel one. So far so good wth the pressure canning, but I did learn the hard way that you can scorch things in jars by over processing due to an irrational fear that the directions aren't sufficient to prevent botulism, lol. My gorgeous sauce looked more like chocolate sauce when I was done with it after my thinking if some pressure is good, more is better. Whoops.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Pressure canner

My pressure canner is going to try out being a boiling water bath tomorrow for zucchini pickles...

Sections
Shortcuts