Restaurants getting "real"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCAEStaff. Show BDCAEStaff's posts

Restaurants getting "real"?

Entrees are cheaper, ingredients are fresher, and the mood is more relaxed. See The Globe magazine story and tell us, what do you think about this new movement in restaurants?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: Restaurants getting "real"?

New movement? You didn' t tell us which restaurants, you visited. But I find the prices are getting steeper, the servings getting smaller - and the quality less - lot less. I really don' t blame the restaurants, they have to make ends meet. But for the Globe to say that the entrees are getting cheaper and the ingredients fresher is a lie.
    The Globe can do any story they want. That doen' s mean - it will be the general opinion. Of course, when a restaurant know they are being watched - they will pull all stops.
    My son is a food writer in another part of the country, and that is exactly what he is experiencing as well. He goes as a food critic and then he goes incognito - two different "animals".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

Re: Restaurants getting "real"?

Country clubs,restaurants,cruises,hotels,operas,stores,automobile dealers all follow the whims and needs of customers.
    For some reason wealthier people want to hang around other wealthy people and avoid the less wealthy.
    Thus, many exclusive restaurants,country clubs,cruises, stores,operas, automobile dealers and hotels shun the idea of becoming cheaper.They feel more comfortable with the wealthier clientele and the larger margins.
    This is not such a bad idea for the rest of us who cannot afford to put on airs and it helps those who are clinging to the pastpreserve their own feeble position.

Sections
Shortcuts