Sausage, Pepper and Onion Stromboli

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

I said that a stromboli is what the people in PA call a calzone.I do not put mushrooms or cheese in my sausage, pepper and onion calzone.I use Bianco sausage from Revere, They have very little fat. I also saute my peppers and onions. I slice the sausage length-wise. This way you get the texture of the sausage with each bite.Other calzones are: ricotta, spinach, parmigiano and mozzarella. Chicken�breast with�mozzarella and a tomato sauce. Add a piece of ham or eggplant for something different.I make my own dough using��instant yeast. It doubles in size in 15 to20 minutes depending on the weather. Sometimes I use milk and an egg instead of water for my calzone dough. It�makes it a lighter dough. I also use a fork to punch holes, it seems easier than a toothpick.My favorite pizza is pepperoni, peppers, onion, anchovies and roasted garlic. My friends like pesto with fresh tomato and goat cheese. Another favorite is eggplant with mozzarella.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

I put the anchovies�and garlic naer the end. I use anchovies packed in salt.

Sections
Shortcuts