Share your St. Patrick's Day recipes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Do you cook anything special for St. Patrick's Day? Share your recipes!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

gt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

I cook something special for evacuation day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

Your husband has something in common with the people in Ireland. They do not eat boiled dinners.Another myth is thatáthe Irish eat plain food. Visit Dingle and have lamb, salmon and mussels.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

I am an American of Italian descent. I go to Dingle once a year for 10 days. I go to pubs to drink beer. I go to restaurants to eat. Pubs have pub food. Next time you go try a nice restaurant you will change your mind about real Irish food.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh this is so funny, Leas. We once hadá great Irish neighbors.Loved them dearly, great fun to be with. Was invited over several timesfor dinner. And she would always cook something "special Irish". Ohbrother! The food was so bland, mushy and totally tasteless.á Itbecame so, that Mr. Pingo would ask, "Do we really HAVE to go?" Theywere really wonderful neighbors - so I made him go, and I would hear alot about it afterwards. I just thought at the time, she was a real badcook. They have since retired to Florida, and have made many attemptsto invite us down there. Begging, I could get my husband to eat onemeal - but several? Absolutely NOT.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

How about Colcannon, Lamb stew, Sheperd's pie and Onion, pea and potatoe champ?Any thing that forces you to take for a walk every day under all weather conditions does not make my lifeáwhole.á

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chefa1a. Show chefa1a's posts

Had a Jewish friend years ago introduce me to honey glazed corned beef

thick slices after boiled are glazed in the broiler with a honey-clove glaze (almost like baked ham)

I was thinking about doing them this year on bamboo skewers (like satays)

with this interesting presentation of cabbage and potatoes

potato-cabbage bundles

chef chris

Culinary Cast Food Blog

Sections
Shortcuts