Smokey Swordfish Salad

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldManRiver. Show OldManRiver's posts

Smokey Swordfish Salad

Wow talk about a change in weather. Time for some cool dishes. This weekend I grilled swordfish, which was awesome. So I decided to make a swordfish salad with the leftovers.

This dish is a bit different from other fish salads that I have made in that I use grilled potato and pesto. This gives a sultry full bodied flavor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from grampy18. Show grampy18's posts

Smokey Swordfish Salad

I never cared for cheese with fish. Just curious, what are other posters view on this?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldManRiver. Show OldManRiver's posts

Smokey Swordfish Salad

Well, it is all a matter of taste. I did not like it originally until I had a Tuna Grinder at Pizza Bob's in Ann Arbor, Michigan.  It was a tangy tuna salad with melted cheddar cheese on it.  I was hooked at that point.

When I moved to New England, I noticed that lots of people like cheese and tomato sandwitches, adding a fish salad seemed only natural.

Have also had fried haddock sandwitches in Gloucester with cheese, I think it goes good as long as you add some tang to contrast, lilke malt vinegar or lime.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from grampy18. Show grampy18's posts

Smokey Swordfish Salad

I asked for other poster's opinion because I know that taste vary. I have never been to Pizza Bob's but I did start my road to being a chef in the North End making sandwiches in an Italian grocery/meat market.
    We made sandwiches, not subs, there is a difference.
    Our tuna sandwich was made with Italian tuna packed in olive oil. To that we added domestic provolone cheese and very thin slice of red onion. The bread is the most important part of a sandwich. We used a spuckie or a braided small loaf. The choice was left up to the customer.

Sections
Shortcuts