Subway rocks!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Subway rocks!

Some of us think Subway is the best!

http://www.subway.com/menu/default.aspx

http://www.subway.com/nutrition/nutritionlist.aspx   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Re: Subway rocks!

I often wondered why every Subway has a weird smell. Is it the bread?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

deleted/poster no longer cares to participate in this discussion  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

deleted/poster no longer cares to participate in this discussion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh no, Robin. Can't imagine you promote Subway with your supposedly healthy eating style. You disappoint me. So all your "infos" have been for not?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

deleted/poster no longer cares to participate in this discussion

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:

They actually pump out "fresh bread" smell to the outside of the store which, no, isn't actually the smell of them cooking bread. The idea is to lure people in.

I used to love Subway as a kid, but I can't eat it now. Old meat and a lot more bread than ingredient.

For a much better sub in boston, turn to Al Capone - couple blocks from Downtown Crossing.

Really..there are too many great sub shops around to make Subway worth the trip. It's kind of like the McDonalds of sub shops.

That's funny about the smell. I often wondered what that was as well. They need to work on the scent. It doesn't smell like any bread I've ever smelled baking.  I've eaten at a Subway exactly three times in my life...that was three times too many for me.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:

Famous Fans Mike Trout and Ryan Howard

Famous Fans

Get to know some of the world’s greatest athletes, who fuel their game at SUBWAY® restaurants.

Ahh we changed our original post a bit didn't we? This ones betterSmile

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

They actually pump out "fresh bread" smell to the outside of the store which, no, isn't actually the smell of them cooking bread. The idea is to lure people in.

I used to love Subway as a kid, but I can't eat it now. Old meat and a lot more bread than ingredient.

For a much better sub in boston, turn to Al Capone - couple blocks from Downtown Crossing.

love this place.  The jalapeno chicken is great . Had the breakfast once too and it was pretty good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

Really..there are too many great sub shops around to make Subway worth the trip. It's kind of like the McDonalds of sub shops.

That's funny about the smell. I often wondered what that was as well. They need to work on the scent. It doesn't smell like any bread I've ever smelled baking.  I've eaten at a Subway exactly three times in my life...that was three times too many for me.

I agree, I like finding those out of the way sandwich shops. Preferably a non-chain type. I haven't been in a Subway shop in years....I always remember them as being dirty.

I guess if your a Wal-Mart shopper they can be handy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I agree, I like finding those out of the way sandwich shops. Preferably a non-chain type. I haven't been in a Subway shop in years....I always remember them as being dirty.

I guess if your a Wal-Mart shopper they can be handy.

Someone has been a bad boy...lol...but you are too funny..really too funny. I was thinking it's not worth it..but really..it's kind of funny. You do great work..as always :-))

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

When some of us have $5 to spare, we head to Subway and are quite pleased with the food and service!

That'a great, but I'd rather put my $5.00 in the hands of a nice family owned business. Laughing

Me too....! Plus..have you ever looked at the sodium content in any of those 6 inch subs? Or their salads? They might advertise low fat...but they make up for it in sodium.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Some of us think Subway is the best!

http://www.subway.com/menu/default.aspx

http://www.subway.com/nutrition/nutritionlist.aspx   

Subway Rocks

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Robin...did you really delete all your comments because a group of people disagreed with you on whether they like Subway or not? I don't think anyone treated you in a disrespectful manner? Do you? I have to say I didn't picture you being that thin-skinned..and over a sub shop at that.

I'm sorry if you felt so offended by a little disagreement that you felt you had to delete your comments. You and I have agreed and disagreed on many things but you've never resorted to this.

Perhaps it is the influence of another certain poster who lives to create strife..if it is..you strike me as a very bright lady..so I hope you are not being sucked into that victim mentality.

You seem to like to discuss the nutrition information in foods we all eat..so I am not sure what offended you to the point that you felt you needed to delete your very valid comments.

No one is perfect. I often razz my friends who like places like Subway and Mickey D's..but in return they don't hesitate to razz me for my occasional craving of KFC drumsticks. We all have our guilty pleasures and it really seems to me like the comments here were all just good natured disagreement.

Anyhow..hope you have a great Sunday.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Subway? Nah!

Our nephew owned one a few years ago (or franchised it). Went there once to support him. Not bad, but not that great either. IMHO McDonald's is better. Not that I frequent it very often.

But we are all different. If you like Subway, go for it. Nothing wrong w/ that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I still like Subway and McDonald's!  Everything in moderation, and there are choices you can make regarding the menu.

Cardio Notes: No Winner in Fast Food Battle

By Chris Kaiser, Cardiology Editor, MedPage Today

Published: May 13, 2013

Subway as Unhealthy as McDonald's

Despite their commercials to the contrary, the Subway fast food chain menu may not be much healthier than the McDonald's menu, according to a study in Journal of Adolescent Health.

Meals that teens and young adults (ages 12 to 21) typically bought at McDonald's contained an average of 1,038 calories, while at Subway, the calorie count in the average purchase was 955, reported Lenard Lesser, MD, of UCLA Fielding School of Public Health, and colleagues.

There was no significant difference between the two and participants ate too many calories at both restaurants, researchers said, referring to an Institute of Medicine (IOM) recommendation of no more than 850 calories in school lunches.

The average calories per sandwich purchased were 784 at Subway versus 572 at McDonald's. The sodium content at both restaurants was three times higher than the IOM recommended daily dose: 2,149 mg at Subway versus 1,829 mg at McDonald's.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Yes, everything in moderation and think smart when ordering. Subway makes great salads to order, I saw one being prepared today with chicken. 

Also, a ringing note for subway.  I was at my favorite Subway last week and saw all the deli guys from the supermarket which I shop.  They were telling me that the subway products are very good.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to pingo's comment:

Subway? Nah!

Our nephew owned one a few years ago (or franchised it). Went there once to support him. Not bad, but not that great either. IMHO McDonald's is better. Not that I frequent it very often.

But we are all different. If you like Subway, go for it. Nothing wrong w/ that.

Does your nephew still own the franchise?  I have a friend who bought one nine years ago with her savings and a bank loan.  Her first franchise has been a gold mine since day one.  She has bought several since and although not quite the cash cows as store # one, they still make money.  The subway franchise can be a good investment for the small business owner.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://www.salemnews.com/local/x1307048802/Subway-wins-OK-in-ipswich

May 24, 2013   The Salem News Fri May 24, 2013, 04:30 AM EDT

IPSWICH — Subway is coming to downtown.

Subway wins OK in ipswichBoard approves franchise, despite concerns about 'character' of downtown

“Ipswich is known for its ma and pop stores.”

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

http://www.salemnews.com/local/x1307048802/Subway-wins-OK-in-ipswich

May 24, 2013   The Salem News Fri May 24, 2013, 04:30 AM EDT

IPSWICH — Subway is coming to downtown.

Subway wins OK in ipswichBoard approves franchise, despite concerns about 'character' of downtown

“Ipswich is known for its ma and pop stores.”

Subway although a big corporation, can be a good investment for the small business person.  I would bet that the rate of failure among subway franchises is lower then most small business start ups.

Subway is not in direct competition with the local mom and pop sub stores.  Subway does not make pizza and does not deliver. They don't grille and really have a limited menu.

Sections
Shortcuts