Subway rocks!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: Subway rocks!

Yuck.  No thank you!

ETA:  If I'm going to indulge,  I'll go with pizza or french fries.

Sweets are a waste of time (imo).

Products with artificial sweeteners (Tab), wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole!

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

JOIN THE CONVERSATION 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

It's all junk, anytime you eat out, you're taking a chance.

If you have chemical sensitivities, such as MSG, my dr advised me to only eat food I have prepared myself at home.

I only go to Subway once or twice a month.

The fact that you can direct the server at Subway to put exactly what you want in the sandwich, and omit the ingredients that you know don't agree with you, is a plus.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Robin, did you get my post to you in CC that I saw an MSG ad disclaimer regarding Dunkin Donuts coffee?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

Robin, did you get my post to you in CC that I saw an MSG ad disclaimer regarding Dunkin Donuts coffee?

Yes, thank you,  MSG is pretty much in all processed foods, flavored coffees included.

http://www.truthinlabeling.org/hiddensources.html 

http://www.naturodoc.com/library/nutrition/MSG_poisoning.htm

http://www.msgtruth.org/avoid.htm

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Insane.  Trader Joe's organic Ethiopain whole coffee beans makes a great (and safe!) cup of joe.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

MSG is not in 100% coffee, just the flavored coffees.

It's no big deal for many people that have no reaction at all to MSG.

But for anyone with a hx of headaches or high blood pressure, I would suggest avoiding products containing MSG and see if it makes a difference.

Reactions to MSG are dose related, i.e., some people react to even very small amounts. MSG-induced reactions may occur immediately after ingestion or after as much as 48 hours.  The time lapse between ingestion and reaction is typically the same each time for a particular individual who ingests an amount of MSG that exceeds his or her individual tolerance level.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I thought you were one of them, that's why I mentioned it.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Slightly off topic, but...

Beer contains yeast and yeast contains MSG.  Surprised

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Since you have a sensitivity to it, I hope you don't like beer as much as I do.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hell's bells: Subway can open early, well, early-ish, in Southie

http://www.universalhub.com/2013/hells-bells-subway-can-open-early-well-early-ish-s

By adamg - 8/2/13 - 2:07 pm

The Boston Licensing Board this week approved a request from a new Subway at 11 W. Broadway to open at 7 a.m., rejecting complaints from the neighborhood about the potential liabilities of methadone patrons loitering there, as opposed to in front of the Dunkin' Donuts across the street, which already opens at 5 a.m.

This is the second time in a little more than a month that the board has rejected the presence of users of a nearby methadone clinic as a reason to keep a restaurant from opening early in the morning. In June, the board voted to let a McDonald's open at 5 a.m. on Harvard Avenue in Allston.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Ever read the fine print on Subway's stuff, and notice that it's owned by Doctor's Associates, Inc.?  Everyone probably knows this.

I confess to going to Subway fairly frequently ...It's those BOGO coupons that come monthly with the grocery circulars [Insert rolleyes smiley].

The issue I have is that, over the years, I've noticed that the cold cuts have dwindled to paper thin.  I do realize that it's healthier to just have the hint of them.  But, looking at their menu, that can't be their main reason, no matter their encomium.  So, this question: Can cold cuts be that costly?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

LOL,  I try to get the same server, and always drop some change in the tip jar.

I find that they are more likely to stuff your sandwich, the way you like it!

But you're right, the meat portions are carefully measured, and I bet there are cameras monitoring the servers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Depends on the quality of the cold cuts...possibly.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

LOL! The first lady agrees with me  Cool

Michelle Obama, Subway partner to push healthier kids' meals

WASHINGTON Michelle Obama is getting a new ally in her campaign to get kids to eat more fruits and vegetables.

The first lady announced Thursday that the Subway sandwich chain will spend $41 million over three years to encourage finicky young eaters to eat more food that comes out of the ground or grows on trees. The announcement was made at a Subway shop near the White House.

“I’m excited about these initiatives not just as a First Lady, but also as a mom,” Mrs. Obama said in a statement. “Subway's kids' menu makes life easier for parents, because they know that no matter what their kids order, it’s going to be a healthy choice.”

excerpt from: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/michelle-obama-subway-partner-to-fight-childhood-obesity/

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to GoneToTheDogs39's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MSG is not in 100% coffee, just the flavored coffees.

It's no big deal for many people that have no reaction at all to MSG.

But for anyone with a hx of headaches or high blood pressure, I would suggest avoiding products containing MSG and see if it makes a difference.

Reactions to MSG are dose related, i.e., some people react to even very small amounts. MSG-induced reactions may occur immediately after ingestion or after as much as 48 hours.  The time lapse between ingestion and reaction is typically the same each time for a particular individual who ingests an amount of MSG that exceeds his or her individual tolerance level.

[/QUOTE]

Indeed, except for the people who have the rare reaction to MSG, there is absolutely nothing wrong with MSG.

Now, the "S" being sodium, is something you don't want to eat too much of. But, MSG is has about 60% the sodium by weight that NaCl (table salt) does. So watch it if you need to watch overall sodium, but other than that...meh

The public perception of MSG being bad in general is 100% nonsense. People believe all sorts of things without checking.