Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Summer Recipes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Summer Recipes

I tried a little cooking experiment for dinner tonight and I thought I'd share it since it was really tasty.

Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Sandwiches

Season four 6 ounce chicken breasts with a little sea salt and pepper on both sides. Brush with lime juice. Grill on low/medium setting ( or low coals), turning occasionally and continue brushing with lime juice.

Grill 4 pineapple ring about 2 minutes each side or until browned.

For the sandwiches, put 1 teaspoon of mayo on the bottom half of a wheat roll. Then add chicken. Top with pineapple ring and a couple of leaves of fresh basil. Serve immediately while warm.

I served this with fresh watermelon and it made a nice, relatively light summer supper.

Edit...I guess I should have scrolled down a bit further. I didn't realize there was an entire recipe section! Oh well..next time..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: Summer Recipes

That sounds delicious MC. We do a lot of grilled chicken and fish during the summer. Mostly served w/ only a salad or coleslaw.  Sometimes I make campfire potatoes. Foiled packed potatoes, onion and garlic w/ a bit of butter or oil added. And of course salt and pepper. Just throw them on the grill, while you do your other cooking.
    Yes, we do have a recipe thread for especially good recipes, we have made. Please join us there if you are a "cook" or "baker".
    Love your pineapple w/ the chicken. Will definitely try it.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Sections
Shortcuts