Sweetheart Scallops

Here's a recipe perfect for Valentines Day or any special occassion

Scallop Tarte Tatin

regards

Chef Chris Albano

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sweetheart Scallops

Hi Chef,
    My husband LOVES scallops. This recipe sounds easy to do. Thanks!
    However, wouldn't it be easier to make it in individual small dishes (like ramekins) and just leave the pastry on the top?
    Anyway, I am definitely going to make this as a first course forValentine's Evening. The entree will be my rack-of-lamb w/ roastedaspargus and rosemary/garlic roasted potatoes. My husband and I aretired of the restaurant circus on Valentine's Day/Evening - so I preferto cook at home.
    Now, do you have a good desert to add for this? My husband do not caremuch for chocolate deserts. Something fruity will be a lot better.Maybe my old stand-by: Blueberry crisp. Thanks again fior the scallops.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chefa1a. Show chefa1a's posts

Sweetheart Scallops

Yes the scallops would be great as little pot pie presentations as well

for dessert if you like blueberries I reccomend a blueberry white chocolate crostata

par bake a short crust in a fluted mold

heat some heavy cream and pour over white chocolate in a food processor and pulse

add a little mascarpone or cream cheese and a shot of sambucca or grand marnier

then just set in the fridge

or a blueberry bread pudding would be nice, find some day old muffins or croissants

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sweetheart Scallops

Thanks Chef!
    Sounds yummy - love Grand Marnier ---

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sweetheart Scallops

I am making the scalops in individual dishes w/ the crust on top. Did you see the " blueberry white chocolate crostata"á he suggested? I am making that too -- and I am trying to loose weight? -- Ha, so much for that tonight.
    Happy Valentine's Day to you too my friend, may it be sweet and happy. - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sweetheart Scallops

Hi chef - just wanted to tell you the Scallops Tartin was a great hit,even though my hubby said, "Are we having chicken pot pies?". But whenhe dug into them - he told me I could absolutely make those again. Ithink this would be as wonderful w/ shrimps or lobster.
    Theá next time I make them, I will experiment with make my owncrust I make for my chicken pot pies. I make a normal piecrust but addthyme to it. Think it will go well w/ the scallops, since it alreadyhas thyme in it.
    Thanks again chef!