to go packaging charge?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from marygerl. Show marygerl's posts

to go packaging charge?

This is the first time I have encountered this in the many times we have ordered takeout.� Plus it was added pre tax!Has anyone else seen this?Mary

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from metronomic. Show metronomic's posts

to go packaging charge?

I've never seen this either, but the logic of the fee to cover the cost of take out containers is flawed - why not add a fee for the plates and linens you use when dining in the restaurant?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

to go packaging charge?

------Plates and linens get used again and again. Take out containers are one use only and are very expensive.-----

True. But the linen, plates and silverware have to be laundered andwashed. That has become expensive too and no fee is charged for that.Take-out-food diners do not dirty the establishment in any way.
    There are certain expenses one has to accept running a business. If onemust charge for the pizza box - add it to the price of the pizza. -(The majority of in-diners take leftover pizza home in a box as well.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

to go packaging charge?

Thank you Lisa for your kind words. I also read your e-mail, thanks!Agree with you, if you are nice, people will be nice to you as well.Don't know much about this Gypsy girl - but from her post it seems, shemay be owning or working in an establishment, that charges for take outcontainers.
    If my favorite Chinese takeout place starts to charge for thecontainers, I will go elsewhere, or I will start to bring my owncontainers. How is that? LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wisernow. Show wisernow's posts

to go packaging charge?

u need 2 sign off, ur obnoxious.

i am sry to say it; but some1 has to.

ur taking this to a personal level & fighting ur fight and it's about opinions.

urs doesn't take precedence & bullying any1 doesn't make u right or seem intelligent.

not LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyjane70. Show crazyjane70's posts

to go packaging charge?

Gypsy, I think that people would be more inclined to listen to your good sense if you weren't so mean.� People come to these boards to learn something and to get insight, not to be put down and insulted.� There is just no reason to be so nasty.My husband and I are take out royalty, the king and queen in fact.� While I have never seen a packaging fee spelled out, Gypsy is right on the money.� The fee for the packaging is built in to the price of the food.� They can charge whatever they want for take out, packaging or delivery but watch for places that charge a fee for using a credit card.� That's illegal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyjane70. Show crazyjane70's posts

to go packaging charge?

Fair enough.� I didn't know she was a stalker from another thread.� Creepy.You know I put a bit more thought into this and, in this economy, businesses are struggling to stay afloat.� The price of fuel is effecting delivery charges, not just for your food, but the delivery of those pesky take out containers to the restaurant.� Everyone is raising their prices.� It's a sign of the times.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

to go packaging charge?

The old Dragon Gate on Harvard Street in Brookline - in its waning years, it charged 25 cents per take-out box.� That was in the late 1980s.� It was rather disheartening - I would have preferred to have had a price increase built into the menu as a whole.It should be taxed, however.� It is a consumer good that is not clothing, not food.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

to go packaging charge?

Anyway, you're paying for to-go boxes whether or not it says so on your bill.� Does it really matter then, if it's in black-and-white on the check?� True, but it makes the establishment looks cheap - when so much of dining out is cosmetic, anyway.� (Do I really need the trendy decor and name?� No.)� Why not just fool us the extra 25 to 50 cents?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

to go packaging charge?

Milk bottles were sterilized with the turn of the 20th century.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from berryjooks. Show berryjooks's posts

to go packaging charge?

The 99 is the only place I've been charged a "to go" fee. Last time we got curbside takeaway it was a little more than I expected, and when I got home I noticed the packaging fee on the bill. I figure I got my money's worth though,�as there had to be at least 4 dollars worth of salt on the food...��

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

to go packaging charge?

Actually lisaa1888 is a great poster.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

to go packaging charge?

I can' t imagine your idea will ever fly. In fact I think as far as the food and health industry is concerned, it would be illegal.�
    I for one would not like to get food in a container, that had been in someone elses place and not know for what it might have been used for there. Yuck!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

to go packaging charge?

when you order take out from a restaurant/sub shop/mcdonalds, etc.� your purchase is subject to the state's�5% meals tax....also, when you purchase already prepared foods @ the supermarket (rotisserie chicken, etc.) that too is subject to the state's 5% meals tax...�look at it as though you're eating @ a restaurant...when you go out to eat you're charged a 5% meals tax...if it says "packaging cost/packaging tax" they're probably trying to recoup some of the $$ they spend in purchasing the packaging...in that case, i'm wondering if they can legally do that???� may be a question for a consumer reporter??� if i'm not mistaken, there was some sort of "beef" (no pun intended)�recently about these restaurants/take out restaurants charging people extra if they used their debit or credit cards�for their purchases...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from clash. Show clash's posts

to go packaging charge?

In any business what regulates your price is the cost of material, labor, and utility charges. If a business is not aware of all of its costs then it cannot determine a prices that will allow a profit, resulting in a failure of the business. 
    In the business i am in we now charge a 5% energy surcharge to every invoice. There are many ways to make sure your business is profitable but faulting one for being profitable makes no sense. 
    Take out materials cost money and the restaurant should not lose its profit margin because you were not that hungry when you ordered your food.
    The outrage i see over this ridiculous. If your worried about being charged for a container then stay home.

Sections
Shortcuts