What is your favorite burger around town?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

What is your favorite burger around town?

Where do you find your favorite burger? Take a look at our picks and tell us which restaurant's patties make your mouth water!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: What is your favorite burger around town?

The ones I cook myself!  I cook them to order with 85% lean.  Tasty, juicy, hot and dressed the way we like them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaykaren1. Show jaykaren1's posts

I love burgers and have had them all over the world. Until recently I loved aged beef burgers, but the best one I have had by far is at Sonsie on Newbury St in Boston. They have a Wagyu, better known as Kobe beef, which is by far the best ever. They are not a burger joint by any means and they actually have been on the food network and local TV for their many other great choices. You cannot beat a Kobe Beef burger for $18. I highly recommend it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jane53. Show Jane53's posts

Burgers are nothing more than a heart attack on a plate. Have a nice veggie burger instead and add a few years to your life !!   Is that burger really worth a massive coronary?? I think not!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from imart5. Show imart5's posts

c'mon Boston.com, what's the conversion rate on screensaver.com pop-up ads that come flying out at me every time you do a slide show.  can't be more than .01% Oh, and Favorite Burger: Radius

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homeduck. Show Homeduck's posts

In-N-Out Hamburger in California wipes the floor with the sloppy goo served up at Five Guys.  If you know what you are doing you can get a "4 by 4 animal style", which is 4 patties between two pieces of bread.  The fries are hand-cut and awesome and the shakes are made with real high-quality ice-cream.  There are only a few items on the menu so it is easy to order.  Otherwise the best burgers are made by me on my charcoal grill with smoke from soaked hickory chunks to add another layer of flavor.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Cholesterol v heart attack is a billion dollar pharmaceutical lie.  My great-grandparents had a farm and ate heavy cream, eggs, cheese, meat, etc. every day their whole lives, and they were healthy as horses.  My great-grandmother lived to 101, and she was only in a nursing home at the very end.  And, if you read the fine print on the Lipitor ads, they even say that lowering cholesterol has not been linked definitively to lowering heart attack risk!

So, not to fuel the hijack fire, but enjoy - life's too short for veggie burgers if you LIKE the real thing.

I've had Kobe beef burgers, and they weren't that great.  I must have gotten them at the wrong place. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimmyD34. Show JimmyD34's posts

Kind of off the beaten path, but there is an awesome place in dowtown Providence called Luxe Burger, where you basically create your own burger via a checklist, similar to the thing people order with at sushi bars.  The place is very resonably priced and even offers tater tots.  Worth a try if you are in the area.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rferguson89. Show rferguson89's posts

NO BARTLEYS?!?!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhiskeyB. Show WhiskeyB's posts

I agree. Where's Bartley's? Wipes the floor with all these pretenders.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Bartley's rocks.  No one makes a juicier burger, not even me! ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDamo. Show DrDamo's posts

RF-O'Sullivan and Son I believe has better burgers then Bartley's and beer

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Problem with burgers or pizza is that you really have to have them with beer to bring out the flavor! Thats why the burgers are best in bars rather than restaurants. 
    The better question is: what burger/beer combo is best?

Me: Veggie burger and sweet-potato fries at the Mission pub on Huntington/Frances Street. With a nice Guinness. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Amen to the beer.  I like Doyle's in JP for both.  Last I was there, they had a chocolate bock...Sam Adams, I think, on tap.  Man, was that good.  And, the burger, too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinnfield. Show JulesWinnfield's posts

Big Kahuna Burger. That's that Hawaiian burger joint. I hear they got some tasty burgers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlee21. Show mlee21's posts

I just had the best burger of my life at Sel de la Terre (better than Bartley's).  At $14, it's a steal compared to the other entrees and to these $20 burgers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

How about variations for people who can't eat beef?  Anyone have a favorite veggie or bean burger? 

I love, love, love the offerings at Houston's, Publick House and Audubon. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cp77. Show cp77's posts

$1 double cheeseburgers at McDonalds.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from madrilero8. Show madrilero8's posts

Pretty snobby and disappointing line-up here, focusing on the visible, not enough seeking, and looking more to gourmet burger homages than actual burgers.  Flat Patties in Harvard Square far out-rules U-Burger.  B Good is boring not flavorful. And you've overlooked the absolute best burger, which is served at Casablanca in Harvard Square.  I've had all of the above, with the exception of the Eagle Deli, and none comes close to Casablanca.  I also believe that Mr./Mrs. Bartley's is the most overrated burger place in Boston.  I avoid it.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I liked Bartleys before I knew anything about its reputation; I just happened upon it my first year at school and had one awesome burger - better than I'd ever had in my life.  Of course, that was 20 years ago so maybe now they are resting on their fame having let quality decline as so often happens, but at least back then it was earned.  And, from the earlier comments here, it sounds like it's as good as ever.  How much better can a burger BE?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

I think the globe should put the calorie count next to all those burgers that people voted for. 
    A burger isn't worth dying over:

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Once in awhile it won't kill you.  Every night for dinner?  Now, that'll make you weigh a ton which undeniable is unhealthy.  As for fat/cholesterol and all, well, I've said my piece on that.  It's a big pharmaceutical hoax imo.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SavvySavin. Show SavvySavin's posts

I cant believe four burgers in cambridge - central square isnt on the list

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahproblem. Show noahproblem's posts

In Response to Re: What is your favorite burger around town?:
    Burgers are nothing more than a heart attack on a plate. Have a nice veggie burger instead and add a few years to your life !!   Is that burger really worth a massive coronary?? I think not!
    Posted by Jane53

It is if it's from Five Guys!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dehumanist. Show Dehumanist's posts

Five Guys is not that good, the meat may be ok but by the time they'd wrapped and squished it in foil the burger lost its appeal, the fries are awesome though and my son loves those.  Charlie's Double special is way better than 4 Guys, although the fries do lack on Charlie's side they do have an awesome beer menu.  Although I agree with the earlier poster, Bartley's is great, it should be higher up the list than 5 Guys.

Sections
Shortcuts