What is your favorite burger around town?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GElligan. Show GElligan's posts

Re: What is your favorite burger around town?

Angus Mushroom & Swiss at McDonalds.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CLBD. Show CLBD's posts

Papa's Bar & Grill on Highland Ave in Malden has the best burger.  We always swing through there when we are in Beantown.  Delicious! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RoseEZ. Show RoseEZ's posts

Hey folks!  I love a good burger as much as you all but ...didn't you hear???  It's about the beef not the fixins.  I'll pay more to get a burger from local or grass-fed beef on my table (with hand-cut fries please).  If you have been living in a paper bag for the last 2 years, climb out and see where all this cheap beef you are eating is coming from!  The grass-fed beef farmers may not be able to give us a great steak yet but the hamburger is the best!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gotham77. Show gotham77's posts

OF COURSE Eagle's Deli would be on this list...because if it's big, and was featured on a television show, and hundreds of drunk/stoned college students who don't know any better and only go to places in their own neighborhood say they like it, then it MUST be good.

These "best whatever food" lists are a joke, I don't think the "journalists" compiling the lists have ever bothered to actually try the food and couldn't tell us one single reason why it belongs on a "Top 10" list. It's just a popularity contest...because they're lazy.

See...THIS IS WHY THE DINING AND NIGHTLIFE IN BOSTON SUCKS. Idiots flock to these lousy joints and reporters pass on what the idiots say, so places that are terrible stay in business and we never get anything better

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babesghost. Show Babesghost's posts

Legal Seafood has a great burger (beef from the Niman Ranch in California).  Big and juicy, with 2 sides for ~$10!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalen. Show jalen's posts

Can't have a serious local burger discussion without mentioning Bukowski's...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gotham77. Show gotham77's posts

In Response to Re: What is your favorite burger around town?:
    Burgers are nothing more than a heart attack on a plate. Have a nice veggie burger instead and add a few years to your life !!   Is that burger really worth a massive coronary?? I think not!
    Posted by Jane53

I'll bet you're a lot of fun to go out to dinner with.

And by the way, you're lying. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having an occassional hamburger, and you should be ashamed of yourself for resorting to blatant lies in order to scare people into making the same lifestyle choices as yourself. Fine, so you don't eat meat. Good for you. I'll promise not to ruin discussions of the best salads in town if you promise to stop butting in on discussions of the best burgers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thatguyinthat80sfilmuforgot. Show thatguyinthat80sfilmuforgot's posts

WHAT?!?  But... but... Phantom Gourmet told me to go to Fuddruckers.
    Yet more proof that show is suspect.   

Love the list here so far. 

Still... agree with others.  We need an In-N-Out.  Animal Style please.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IHateTeahadists. Show IHateTeahadists's posts

Interesting, take a shot at the Five Guys burger (which has won numerous accolades on the East Coast) but praise UBurger. I used to like UBurger a lot, but they are not that good. Actually did a night over night comparison between the 2 and burger wise, it's no contest Five Guys tastes better, costs a little less for equal portion, settles in the stomach better, and has better condiments to boot. I never understand people willing to pay over 21 dollars for a burger because it "tastes" like a steak. I have an idea, get the steak, then. And to the poster talking about In and Out, you are correct, absolutely phenomonal, and slowly moving East (just opened in Dallas last week).

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from b--rad. Show b--rad's posts

My vote for tops in the city: (note, I haven't had the Craigie burger yet)

1. Sel de la Terre
    2. Houston's
    3. Bristol Lounge

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EB122. Show EB122's posts

1-o sullivans
    50- uburger
    51- bartleys

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ekris. Show ekris's posts

I've eaten at a lot of the places (Sonsie, Sel de la Terre, uburger, Bartley's) being named by posters and have to say - R.F. O'Sullivan & Sons is hands down the best.  Fresh ground beef, they don't press all the juices out of the burger during cooking, great selection of toppings.  Ymmmmmmmmm

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

For beef? So far, Grassfields in Andover and Danvers and Skips in Merrimack.

Homemade turkey burgers with chopped onion and green peppers mixed in are also my favorite.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

When I want to eat around 4 p.m. and be full for the nigt, 5 guys is the one.  The way they over stuff the bag with fries is pretty cool.

I have to go with Sullivan's over at Castle Island.  Bring your own water and two burgers and a small fry is inexpensive and very good.   The walk around Castle Island does not get any better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

live right, eat well and die anyways...so you minus well live the life you love your way. 

as for burgers, i like the ones I make myself.  i like them best cooked on an old fashioned charcoal grille, and i like to top it myself w/tomatoes, pickles onions, ketchup & mayo.   

as for restaurants, i love Sullivans @ Castle Island...their clam strips & fries can't be beat.  i also love the atmosphere, very relaxing! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maureen61. Show Maureen61's posts

I had a really tasty, juicy burger at Cheesecake Factory the other day.  I enjoyed it more than Five Guys (which I do like).  It's amazing how hard it is to find something as simple as a good cheeseburger.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCLifestyleStaff. Show BDCLifestyleStaff's posts

Anywhere else?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from degagz. Show degagz's posts

Double Cheeseburgers- Sullivan's at Castle Island in Southie. Reglious experience for your mouth!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

McD's
    BK and
    White Castle!

Laughing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

McD's BK and White Castle!
    Posted by RogerTaylor

Do those qualify as burgers..?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Suuuurrrreeeeee!  Why not?

Wink

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Suuuurrrreeeeee!  Why not?
    Posted by RogerTaylor

Touche'.....lol...I am not going to go there :-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

In Response to Re: What is your favorite burger around town? : Touche'.....lol...I am not going to go there :-)
    Posted by miscricket

I try to stay away.....on a rare occasion when I do grab a "quick" burger I stop at a Burger King and here's my secret......don't except the ready made, under the heat lamp, been there for an hour or two.....when placing your order "TELL" them "OFF THE BROILER!" It's hot, fresh and tastes like it just came off the grill!.......have it YOUR way!!!

Laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ja061481. Show ja061481's posts

Hey Jules, where did u say Big Kahuna Burger was? My girl is a vegatarian so that pretty much makes me a vegetarian...

Sections
Shortcuts