What's for lunch?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

What's for lunch?

Do you carry a lunch box? What do you pack on a typical day?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southie77. Show southie77's posts

What's for lunch?

A cupcake, pringles, coke, pastrami sandwhich with extra cheese and mayo, and a bag of skittles. I swore off McDonalds after I sued them for making me fat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Denisohainle. Show Denisohainle's posts

What's for lunch?

No, I do not carry a lunch box, i place my sandwich in my carry bag. Sometimes I have ham and cheese, sometimes a salad. I remember in first grade I had a Gunsmoke lunch box, at somepoint I had a Bozo lunch box.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from niesluchowska. Show niesluchowska's posts

What's for lunch?

None of these plastic ideas are "green" and what is a "good" plastic and how do we know it's safe? A container for a banana? It's called a peel. Whatever I eat for dinner, I bring for lunch. I bring it in a glass pyrex bowl with a lid. The set that I have also works for storage at home, freezing, and making and storing salads (dressing in a small mustard jar). Soup can be brought to work in a large pickle jar and eaten out of a ceramic bowl that I keep in the firm's kitchen just for that purpose. It sits next to my coffee cup and utensils.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManOnTheSilverMountain. Show ManOnTheSilverMountain's posts

What's for lunch?

[Quote]Soup can be brought to work in a large pickle jar and eaten out of a ceramic bowl that I keep in the firm's kitchen just for that purpose. It sits next to my coffee cup and utensils.[/Quote]

You keep your crap in the firm's kitchen instead of your personal space?

How disgustingly selfish.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tallen103178. Show tallen103178's posts

What's for lunch?

I actually have started to bring my lunch in a bento box. It's a great way to portion control and I have visited various sites to get ideas of different foods to pack than just a plain old sandwich.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from abet6d. Show abet6d's posts

What's for lunch?

For lunch I have wrap from flour tortilla with salad, cream cheese and salmon. For dinner usually I pack some salad or fresh vegetables, rice, chicken, or beef, or fish. I take some fruits too. The best container is a glass pyrex bowl with a lid. I don't use plastic container.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What's for lunch?

[Quote]For lunch I have wrap from flour tortilla with salad, cream cheese and salmon. For dinner usually I pack some salad or fresh vegetables, rice, chicken, or beef, or fish. I take some fruits too. The best container is a glass pyrex bowl with a lid. I don't use plastic container.

Love your idea of adding cream cheese to ingredients in a wrap. That's one I hadn't thought of.

Also agree with you about using plastic containers. I do succomb to using them when toting something to a gathering, tho never with potato salad. I'm convinced it gives it a strange taste. For storage at home I use glass containers whenever possible, tho it is getting harder and harder to find glass refrigerator containers.

tt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldManRiver. Show OldManRiver's posts

What's for lunch?

I usually eat the leftovers from the previous night's dinner. We keep the supermarket tubs and carry the food in them. I have not really noticed any strange taste, but I warm the food up in a glass covered dish at work.
    My wife has a cooking cycle of about 50 dishes, but many of them are variations on theme. For example a large vat of spagetti sauce is served with gnocci, linguine and ends its life as lasagna.
    When we have tacos, I make Stack-O-Taco, which is a layered affair of all the taco leftovers with torilla chips between the layers. At work I microwave the whole stack, marvelous.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

What's for lunch?

I use the Pyrex containers. Don't have to worry about the plastic, it doesn't stain either if I want something with a tomato sauce. That being said, leftovers from dinner is a frequent choice. I just put it in a separate container when I am packing up dinner from the night before.
    I also keep a loaf of bread, peanut butter, and jelly in my cube. (Satisfying for the stomach with the protein and little boost from the jelly as well as satisfying in a comfort food capacity). I also keep microwave popcorn in my desk for the afternoon.

Sections
Shortcuts