What's your favorite brand of hot dog?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TGer. Show TGer's posts

In my travels, i can honestly say I have never had a bad hotdog, or bad 2-3 hot dogs. But there are some big differences in dogs which can result in a dog being fairly yummy to mind blowingly yummy. 
     Interestingly enough, it's not just the hot dog itself that determines the yum factor. What surrounds the hot dog including the bun (is it a bun that has been steamed or is it grilled or is it a few days old out of the bag and a tinge stale?). Is your mustard good brown mustard or the stuff that looks like big birds yellow feathers? Also, the environment plays a role. You could eat a fenway frank in your backyard and think, "this hot dog is okay, but not great" and then have that same fenway frank at fenway park and think you just ate a dog that tasted so good, you wouldve thought you bit into a filet mignon at Mortons.

With that said, my top choice is Pearl on a soft steamed bun. Second would be Wellshire Farms All Beef franks. And put both ketchup and mustard on those dogs, People.... no relish. Hotdogs do not like cucumbers. that are just fairly yummy to mind alteringly yum yum.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2old2Bayuppie. Show 2old2Bayuppie's posts

First Place: Sabretts
    Second Place: Boar's Head

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2old2Bayuppie. Show 2old2Bayuppie's posts

First Place: Sabretts
    Second Place: Boar's Head

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from engfant. Show engfant's posts

Essem is one of the best. Recently I've been hooked on Omaha Steaks hotdogs. They are HUGE and so good!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Circe19. Show Circe19's posts

Old Neighborhood natural casings are unbelievable and they are locally made. Out of Lynn.
    My .02

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfl14. Show wfl14's posts

It's got to be natural casing and locally I go with the maple Leaf brand. When in Maine though, there is only one choice Jordon's red dyed dogs on the grill can not be beat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ted109. Show ted109's posts

OMR says:
    Lizbetti and I make our own hot dogs.  visit lizbettis blog.  you'll see that we make a combination all beef, turkey, hog dog.  We've taken hi rez pictures of the three animals we have slaughtered and laid out all 2 miles of intestines from the hog, whose name of course was lizbetti junior.  we then mcguyvered an upright mixer complete with grinder from spare bicycles and grandfather clock parts that we have lying around our house.  We've used a propriatary mix of spices - use what you like - and we like to grill em up and make the dogs with our home made catsup.  ENJOY!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pizza04. Show Pizza04's posts

I miss the old Schultz hotdogs.  I can't find them anymore.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lnmonster. Show lnmonster's posts

Hebrew National, with Boars Head a close second.

Best veggie hot dogs are from Morningstar Farms.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tinovr. Show tinovr's posts

Seriously.. I've had all the cheapo packaged dogs, as well as Kayem, Nathans, Deutchmacher, etc... for packaged like Fenway/Ballpark/Oscar Meyer, I'll take the Nathans.. and for deli I typically prefer the Maple Leaf...

BUT

if you can find them..  The PEARLs are truly the best dogs out there.. I've found that they are VERY hard to find.. I get mine at BJs in Taunton.

If you haven't had a Pearl hot dog, and you see them in a store, pick up a package.  You wont be disappointed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonwombat. Show bostonwombat's posts

Jordan's Red Dogs that you can get steamed at the Irving Gas Stations around Concord NH. I have no idea (nor do I want to know) how they get that red color, but they are great.

In Boston, can't beat a Pearl NC Beef Frank (all around), homemade potato salad and an Ice Cold Beer!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BD1958. Show BD1958's posts

Here's another vote for Tofu Pups!  Steamed like a regular hotdog and then served on a toasted bun with relish, onions, ketchup and mustard -- it's great and it won't make you feel sick, so you can have seconds and thirds!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobbyperkins. Show bobbyperkins's posts

I like pretty much every natural casing dog with either yellow mustard and relish or yellow mustard and kraut.

Just went to the Hot Dog Safari a few weeks ago.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Simco's dogs were great.  What brand do they use?

Also, what brands do you like for rolls?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueman001. Show blueman001's posts

Pearl are great, and Hebrew National Quarter Pound dogs (at costco, 4 to a 1 lb. package) are the best.
    I had Grillmaster (I think a Ballpark brand premium dog) and they weren't bad, but not in the league of the other 2.
    Both are meaty, stout dogs, more flavorful than Maple leaf or Deuchmacher.

Sections
Shortcuts