Where did Grampy go??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Where did Grampy go??

[Quote]toytrumpet, If you are going to make the chix broth try straining it thru a wet paper towel. This will make it clear and reduce a lot of the fat.[/Quote]

Thanks, Grampy. I bought some Trader Joe's chicken broth to supplement my own in a soup I made last week, and found it delicious, so - - - - - this is the year I'm taking all the shortcuts, I guess. Am making apple chutney, a candy recipe, and a dessert as yet undecided also, so I'll take advantage of easy, yet good shortcuts. Guess I'm not what would be called a creative "cook" in the true sense of the word. Do appreciate your input, however.

Off now to make an apple/pear crisp for visitor coming for lunch tomorrow.

tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Where did Grampy go??

A much belated "thank you" to all for your suggestions on making the pumpkin soup. I started with Emeril's recipe, then interchanged with ingredients that sounded good to me, from a recipe a friend saw in her town paper a few days before Thanksgiving. Even tho I used the canned pumpkin and canned College Inn fat free chicken stock, it turned out delicious. Because I have no food processor, I dug out my old food mill (do any of you remember those?) and used that to puree the carrots, celery and onion.

The soup was such a hit that I incorporated it into my menu again at Christmas, and will make it from now on, each year at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

tt