Which local food truck is your favorite?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Re: Which local food truck is your favorite?

In Response to Re: Which local food truck is your favorite?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which local food truck is your favorite? : Yes, this is a Major hole - hopefully someone will see a market opportunity. There was one years ago, at Longwood Medical Area, along with Sami's falafel truck. I don't know what happened to it, Sami's did move to the circle at top of Louis Pasteur and Longwood Ave for a while, not sure if they're still around.
    Posted by NevskyBaby[/QUOTE]

I used to eat from Sami's! I was a MassArt student, and Sami's was my favorite place to refresh after being in the darkroom for hours at a time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

I went to the SoWa open market yesterday on Harrison Ave and was pleasantly surprised to see 8-10 food trucks there! I was mad at myself that I had eaten a late breakfast and wasn't hungry, so I didn't try anything. Booooo.
    But it seemed like there was a good mix. There was a grilled cheese truck, a frozen yogurt  truck, a coffee truck, speeds hot dogs, a bbq truck, a bahn mi truck, another truck doing sandwiches, and a few others that I can't remember now.

Also, on Saturday, I went down to the Greenway (what can I say? It was a blissful weekend of walking around in the sunshine and shopping!) and there were a few (probably 5 or so) food trucks there, too. So, if you want to find a few trucks in one place, those may be your best options!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar-a. Show mar-a's posts

PENNYPACKER'S truck in Marine Industrial Park (South Boston) is fantastic. A range of sanwiches included pork, hanger steak, egg salad, tuna, great salads, soups, and little extras like orzo salad and white bean salad.

http://www.pennypackersfoodtruck.com/menu

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from finn58. Show finn58's posts

silk rd. bbq

silk rd. bbq's pulled pork sandwich is epic...one bad-ass sammy, babe

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Real cities the world over have food trucks...

...I'd wager that the aversion to them around here is exactly due to the (earned or not) "roach coach" stereotype.

OTOH, not every food cart/mobile is a foodie's delight, either.  Without commonsense regulation, the food truck 'market' will eventually get so diluted as to be cannibalistic and thus not very tasty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalgavin. Show jalgavin's posts

BBQ Smith at the Chinatown gate

AMAZING!!!

http://bbqsmith.com/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UnclePH. Show UnclePH's posts

I love Bon Me a play on the Vietnamese word Bahn Mit, those delectable crusty french bread sandwiches with pork or chicken and Asian sauces.  Yum!  They make a great Thai Basil Limeade, too. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from donkeybutter. Show donkeybutter's posts

This past week I've had BBQ smith and Lefty's. I'm an omnivore always on the search for good food I don't prescribe to any particular ideology.

I got the BBQ pork sandwich at BBQ Smith. I tend to eat a lot of BBQ so I like to think I know the difference between good v. bad BBQ. Smith has some very tender, juicy, smoky pork. An unusual sandwich because it comes with grilled onions. I also had it "spicy" with pickled halapenos which didn't really add anything to the sandwich. While eating it I was thinking to myself that it could use some sort of vinegar sauce to add some tang and balance the smoke. I didn't know they offered sauce and they didn't ask me if I wanted any. I looked at the menu today while writing this to find that they do infact hame their own sauce. I am used to getting more sandwich for ~$6 but they are competively priced for the downtown area. I enjoyed the sandwich.

TL;DR - Get the Pork, ask for sauce.

I went to Lefty's with a friend of mine yesterday. They were out of their signature sandwich the Lil Kimchi which bummed me out. I opted for the 40 Thieves veggie burger which contains pickled cabbage, goat cheese and fresh mint. The sandwich is expensive for it's size, however, it is also competively priced for the area considering that it is organic. I thought the fresh mint muddled the flavors of the goat cheese and the cabbage. If I were to get it again, I'd leave out the mint. Most importantly, I didn't feel satisfied after eating it, I am not sure if it was related to the heat or the size of the sandwich. Considering my friends sandwich came with chips and I got a small servings of beans, the portion control is a little wacky.

TL:DR - Get the 40 Thieves without the mint

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nep37. Show nep37's posts

Where is SPEEDS! Best hot dog around! Come on, a little bit of research would have helped.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DerKelner. Show DerKelner's posts

http://mandmribs.com/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondotcomatmailinatordotcom. Show bostondotcomatmailinatordotcom's posts

[QUOTE]Any story about food trucks that leaves out Speeds Hot Dogs, is not a story at all.
    Posted by mikegilbo[/QUOTE]

Agreed, not to mention that RIGHT NEXT to Momogoose and Clover's (in Kendall) are two other trucks that have been there just as long:  a middle eastern one that serves pretty good falafel and hummous roll-ups (and killer baklava!) and a Mexican truck that's not bad either.  There's also another middle eastern truck on Mass Ave @ MIT just over the bridge (is it still there?)  They had killer falafel plates.

That said, my favorite truck for the past 7 years is Momogoose, at least 3x per week.  The BBQ Tofu is fantastic, and my co-workers rave about the pork dishes.  I wish they would bring back the Teriyaki Salmon and the hot and sour soup, and offer a non-meat Pho.  The article is right about the lines, though - 25+ people deep and you're served in under 5 min.  Clover takes FOREVER (but is worth it.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from d3b0rah. Show d3b0rah's posts

Clover!!! I LOVE their soy BLT's. And their staff are great! They are fun to visit, always!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wordlover. Show Wordlover's posts

Hands down, my favorite food truck is Momogoose on Carlisle Street in Kendall Square, Cambridge, outside MIT Medical.  The food is healthy and tastes good, the people who staff the truck have filling the orders down to a science so the line, which is usually long, moves quickly, and it's inexpensive.  What else could I want?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MelPerroni. Show MelPerroni's posts

Mobile Home has the best sandwich in the Porchetta. The meatballs are unreal too. Quinoa salad can't be missed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4325649. Show user_4325649's posts

Grilled Cheese Nation is fantastic.  Every sandwich is perfection.  And who doesn't love a perfect grilled cheese.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crstuart. Show crstuart's posts

My Top Five Food Trucks:

http://www.insidertrips.com/best-food-trucks-boston.php

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

On my last trip to NYC I saw something hilarious - a cupcake truck (think it was called Cupcake Johnny or something). 

Bizarrely enough there was the longest line to buy one!

New Yorkers, eh? Takes all sorts of wierd people to fill a planet. More so there though, for whatever reason. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beautmind64. Show beautmind64's posts

[QUOTE]Clover has the most amazing coffee. They grind the beans and make it right in front of you.
    Posted by Jcon[/QUOTE]
    I love clover food truck also their coffee is amazing and I love their food too!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beautmind64. Show beautmind64's posts

Clover food truck I haven't tried others but I'm addicted to chickpea fritters, coffee, breakfast sandwiches and those rosemary fries!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrWyMi. Show BrWyMi's posts

[QUOTE]Any story about food trucks that leaves out Speeds Hot Dogs, is not a story at all.
    Posted by mikegilbo[/QUOTE]

Speed's will be at Govt Center this summer!  He was making amazing food in a truck (well, trailer) before it was cool...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ginkgo. Show ginkgo's posts

Critique of article

In Response to Which local food truck is your favorite?:
    [QUOTE]The food truck revolution is kicking into high gear. Which local truck is your favorite? Check out our list and share yours.
    Posted by BostonDotCom[/QUOTE]
    Hello? The article said it was about food trucks, and more than half the pics were of food!!!  Stupid. If I want to see pictures of food, I can go to a food mag. I wanted to see some funky, creative food service TRUCKS and TRAILERS, not food pics.
    Why don't you do ANOTHER article on the trucks and the people who run them?!?