Which local food truck is your favorite?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Which local food truck is your favorite?

The food truck revolution is kicking into high gear. Which local truck is your favorite? Check out our list and share yours.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SamScott. Show SamScott's posts

Re: Which local food truck is your favorite?

LEFTY'S! Anyone who puts cheese with apples is my friend!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikegilbo. Show mikegilbo's posts

Any story about food trucks that leaves out Speeds Hot Dogs, is not a story at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DARVISH55. Show DARVISH55's posts

In Response to Which local food truck is your favorite?:
    The food truck revolution is kicking into high gear. Which local truck is your favorite? Check out our list and share yours.
    Posted by BostonDotCom

I dont know if you guys at Boston.com are aware of this...but Fatbellys is a restaurant only now. No more food truck and its been like that for awhile now

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lms. Show lms's posts

Jennifer's Frosty on the Public Gardens!  Awesome hot dogs and ice cream!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jcon. Show Jcon's posts

Clover has the most amazing coffee. They grind the beans and make it right in front of you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agh1856. Show agh1856's posts

It's not really a food truck (more of a cart that gets loaded off a truck), but the chicken kabob cart in downtown crossing is one of the best lunch time hidden gems in Boston.  It's out in front of Macy's Monday-Friday unless it's 20 below or absolutely miserable weather out.

The grilled chicken is fantastic and my personal favorite is the salad with a kabob on top.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigD-BeerFingas. Show BigD-BeerFingas's posts

My favorite food truck is Clover - you might have to wait in line but i dont care....its wicked good!! My fav is the chickpea fritta.....pissah!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crywalker. Show crywalker's posts

Lefty's is amazing! I went there last weekend during the Figment art festival and completely fell in love. After enjoying my own delicious sandwich (the Figment special--fig jam, goat cheese, and truffled greens on a baguette) and refreshing jasmine iced tea, I couldn't help but beg my friends to try a bite of their selections! I especially loved the tiny dill pickles and the Taza chocolate. I only wish I worked closer so I could go there on a weekly basis!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goforut. Show goforut's posts

I enjoy the trucks and am glad the City is supporting them. Had awesome snack at Staff Meal truck last week.

But have to ask, is it just me, or does the Globe do a Food Truck story about once per week? I never heard the term before the past 1-2 years, and now there seems to be a constant stream of news.    What gives?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Slack. Show Slack's posts

They don't call 'em roach coaches for nothin'.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Which local food truck is your favorite?:
    I enjoy the trucks and am glad the City is supporting them. Had awesome snack at Staff Meal truck last week. But have to ask, is it just me, or does the Globe do a Food Truck story about once per week? I never heard the term before the past 1-2 years, and now there seems to be a constant stream of news.    What gives?
    Posted by goforut

Boston is WAY behind the times on food trucks, goforut, thanks to the idiotic laws here.  L.A. and NYC and other areas around the country have had them for years - taco trucks, bahn mi trucks, BBQ hut trucks, etc.  So no surprise that they're advertising the fact that food trucks are finally allowed here.  Have to catch up.

And when Boston does, everyone else will have moved on to something else.  :-/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Papi4Prez. Show Papi4Prez's posts

mikegilbo, my sentiments exactly.  Where is Speed dogs?  For shame.    BTW, I like the Clover truck, but will try some of these others.  But Speeds is THE place

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TommyLee. Show TommyLee's posts

It's a tough one...90% of the trucks around here are vegetarian, asian, or a combination of the two.  The fact that there is not one single taco truck in Boston baffles me.  I agree with LWhitt completely, Boston is way behind the times when it comes to food trucks and it's a bummer. 

I'll hold off on voting until there is some more competition out there...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tony7586. Show Tony7586's posts

They don't call 'em roach coaches for nothin'.
    Posted by Slack

That is not the kind of food truck being discussed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mes700. Show mes700's posts

http://www.bostonspeeddog.com/

Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Brian's Father's Hot Dogs outside of old Andover town hall serves great hot dogs...they serve sausages and I think kielbasi as well..but the hot dogs are the best.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tims1448. Show tims1448's posts

Really?? No Speed's..... impossible.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustMe2323. Show JustMe2323's posts

It's not really a food truck (more of a cart that gets loaded off a truck), but the chicken kabob cart in downtown crossing is one of the best lunch time hidden gems in Boston.  It's out in front of Macy's Monday-Friday unless it's 20 below or absolutely miserable weather out. The grilled chicken is fantastic and my personal favorite is the salad with a kabob on top.
    Posted by agh1856

And their creamy dressing is irresistable. I get the medium salad & kabob, $6; comes with a large pita bread, perfect for scooping up the rest of the dressing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoGum. Show NoGum's posts

Barbeque Smith at the Chinatown Gate is pretty awesome.  Smoked meat sandwiches and tacos.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from donkeybutter. Show donkeybutter's posts

I found the rosemary fires at Clover to be a little over-hyped. My fries came hot but limp and the rosemary was not chopped finely enough to be equally distributed amoungst the fries. I could forgive the transgression if it was busy, but this location didn't seem very busy as we there around 11:30. My son, a notoriously picky eater, scarfed the fries down along with the Ginger Lemonade which I thought was utterly fantastic.

Bom Me truck was very good. I personally like the Banh Mi at Pho Viet's at the Supper 88 market in Allston better, however, the sandwich from this truck is a very strong contender.

Sections
Shortcuts