Your favorite winter beers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpnearstonybrook. Show jpnearstonybrook's posts

Re: Your favorite winter beers?

Long Trail Hibernator, Sierra Nevada Celebration and Sam's Winter Lager.
    Also- my own homebrew.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mindovermatter. Show mindovermatter's posts

In Response to Re: Your favorite winter beers?:
    [QUOTE]I'd love some Alexander Keiths India Pale Ale Ale but sadly I can only get that in the Canadian Maritime's!
    Posted by bigguy45[/QUOTE]

Not to gloat, but I've got some!!! Brought it back this fall...but will have to strictly ration it 'til next spring!!! Good beer

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Celis Grand Cru....haven't seen it in MA for some time, though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Randy, sadly MA still doesn't allow mailing alcohol here.  No fruit/wine baskets or anything.

mindovermatter, don't ration your special stash too strictly; beer doesn't last at peak taste for months.  You'll be disappointed if you wait too long.

krismk, Blue Moon makes a decent Grand Cru, and I've seen it here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mindovermatter. Show mindovermatter's posts

[QUOTE]Randy, sadly MA still doesn't allow mailing alcohol here.  No fruit/wine baskets or anything. mindovermatter, don't ration your special stash too strictly; beer doesn't last at peak taste for months.  You'll be disappointed if you wait too long. krismk, Blue Moon makes a decent Grand Cru, and I've seen it here.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Not to worry about rationing too strictly.... I'm never able to make it last
    very long!!  :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your favorite winter beers? : Not to worry about rationing too strictly.... I'm never able to make it last very long!!  :-)
    Posted by mindovermatter[/QUOTE]

LOL!  That's good, I was a little worried about you! ;)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]IPA
    Posted by Muddy[/QUOTE]

Which one?  I highly recommend the hoppy yet balanced 60 Minute IPA by Dogfish Head.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

All beer tastes the same to me

It tastes like...beer

*yuck* *puke*

You people with your sophisticated beer pallates are very amusing though

You all seem to have a fave brew that no one else has ever heard of...from the most remote brewery in America...the more out-of-the-way, the better. It's like a Badge of Honor with you nutjobs...

I swear though, if I took the labels off your bottles and forced you all to take a taste test, none of you would be able to identify/differentiate one beer from the next. That is my theory

So give it up, okay? Stop pretending. You micro-brew fetishists arent kidding anyone. Youre even worse than wine snobs now. Having a favorite obscure beer does not make you cool

Peace...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, Ache. :)

I tested your theory by accident last time I bought beer.  I bought what I THOUGHT was a microbrew with vanilla that I thought would be excellent.  I took one sip and almost tossed my cookies.  Thought it tasted like p_sswater with vanilla extract.  How could it be so terrible?  I looked more closely at the label and found I'd been duped with fancy labeling by Michelob.  YUCK.  I drank 5 of the 6 over a few weeks.  Dumped the last one down the drain after the first couple of sips.  I hated to waste money, but I hated it that much.

So, your "no label, all the same" theory is out the window with me.  I know what I like, and it's not all the same to me. 

Good to see you, though. :)

~kar

P.S.  I've also dumped Sam Adams Light down the drain, and I totally expected that that would be pretty good.  Not great, mind you, but not so bad as to dump out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your favorite winter beers? : Hi!   Good to see you around,  thanks again for helping me change my avatar.  Posted by robingirl[/QUOTE]

Youre welcome
    Nice picture
    Very appropriate

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, Ache. :)  Good to see you. :) ~kar Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Good to see ME?

It IS?

Since when??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What did you think of my accidental experiment?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ClarkDylan. Show ClarkDylan's posts

Redhook Winter Ale. Brewed locally here in Seattle!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]What did you think of my accidental experiment?

Preposterous

A beer nerd can not test herself

Doing so invalidates the finding

Only an objective professional (like me, for instance) can administer a proper testing procedure...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I didn't test myself on purpose.  I thought it was something it wasn't because of a fancy label.  I hated it and dumped it out.  According to your theory, my thinking it was a fancy brew meant I'd like it.  Admit it, it proves you're wrong.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

An anecdotal account of a single, self-administered taste test? This is your proof? You think that trumps my peer reviewed theorem, huh?

Please!

It proves nothing

Where are your eyewitnesses?
    Where i your corroborating evidence?
    Your scientific data? Your research?

For all I know you made the story up. (Youre OBN after all. I put nothing past you people...)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It was only a test in hindsight.  I didn't set about testing your theory.  Otherwise, I'd have done a more scientific job, but, yes, I still believe it debunks your theory. 

The indisputable fact is that I thought I'd like it because it was a snooty beer with a fancy label, and I didn't.  It tasted like the p_sswater with vanilla extract that, turns out, it was.

I know you're 1/2 yanking my chain, 1/2 serious, but honestly, if I thought I'd like it because of the packaging and I found it too terrible to even finish the pack without dumping the last one out what else can you conclude except that I like what I actually say and think I like.

I suppose you can (quasi) accuse me of making it all up if it helps you sleep at night with your inane theory in tact...in your mind. ;)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohgadman. Show ohgadman's posts

Anchor Steam Christmas Ale - Great dark beer. Hint of chocolate, but never the same recipe from year to year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sounds delicious, ohgadman - I love dark beers with chocolate overtones.  Have you tried the Sam Adams Chocolate Bock?  I've only been able to find it on tap, and, furthermore, only once at Doyle's in Jamaica Plain.  And, it was years ago...Hm, maybe I should ensure it still exists come to think of it.  It was good enough to be that memorable, though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]It was only a test in hindsight.  I didn't set about testing your theory.  Otherwise, I'd have done a more scientific job, but, yes, I still believe it debunks your theory.  The indisputable fact is that I thought I'd like it because it was a snooty beer with a fancy label, and I didn't.  It tasted like the p_sswater with vanilla extract that, turns out, it was. I know you're 1/2 yanking my chain, 1/2 serious, but honestly, if I thought I'd like it because of the packaging and I found it too terrible to even finish the pack without dumping the last one out what else can you conclude except that I like what I actually say and think I like . I suppose you can (quasi) accuse me of making it all up if it helps you sleep at night with your inane theory in tact...in your mind. ;)

You are trying to make a case based on incidental/unreliable/unverifiable evidence. I would slaughter you in court, and you know it

Only on Planet Pingo would a jury be swayed by evidence like yours

And maybe not even there...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You're just sore because there's a good story from a reputable person that totally refutes your theory.

Mmmm, beer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

"You're just sore [wrong] because there's a good story [wrong] from a reputable person [pfffffft] that totally refutes your theory [wrong]"

That's 3 'wrongs' and a 'pfffffft'

I will leave it at that

Peace

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

[QUOTE]"You're just sore [wrong] because there's a good story [wrong]  from a reputable person [pfffffft]  that totally refutes your theory [wrong] " That's 3 'wrongs' and a 'pfffffft' I will leave it at that Peace
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]
    This is a great place to exchange ideas. Why do you have to put people down? Are you that insecure?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Johnath - long time, no see!  Hope you're well.  You a beer guy?

No worries 'bout Ache...he's harmless. :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Your favorite winter beers? : This is a great place to exchange ideas. Why do you have to put people down? Are you that insecure?
    Posted by johnath[/QUOTE]

Who is putting anyone down, you crazy nut?

Kara and I have been friends for years. We went to software engineering school together...

And we still enjoy a very supportive relationship. When one of us makes a mistake (usually her), the other one (usually me) isnt afraid to say so. You dig?

So quit sticking your nose in where it doesnt belong. I hate people like you who find trouble where trouble doesnt exist

If I didnt know any better, I'd swear you are a member of OBN...

Sections
Shortcuts