gluten free

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalbe. Show lalbe's posts

gluten free

Can anyone help out with gluten free recipies? Thanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from marley209. Show marley209's posts

Re: gluten free

We have way too many recipes to choose one, but let me offer some simple advice. Buy yourself some rice flour or corn flour and substitute it for baking flour in any recipe. It may take a few tries to figure consistency, but I'll tell you that both work brilliantly (and corn flour is nice and sweet). Also, most supermarkets now sell both rice pasta and corn pasta (corn pasta is terrific, this from a non-gluten-free person).

Good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfinri. Show gfinri's posts

Gluten free recipes are readily available on the internet or your check out your local library- we have been GF for 9 years. The best advice we received was to get a new collander and new pans-after we did that all of  our blood levels returned to normal!! My favorite flour mix is Pamela's which we purchase in the LARGE  size- the least expensive price I found for this was at Stop & Shop.
    Best of Luck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

gfinri,
    Who would think of that? Changing pots and pans. I am sure it would hurt some people with all the fancy and expensive pots and pans available now.
    You mention Pamela's flour. What is in it? I shop at S & S, but have never seen it. Even though I do not believe I have a gluten allergy, I just read an article that many women do have a problem with gluten, they just don't know it. Especially as one get older. This is one of the reasons, so many women put on weight at that age. So I am trying to cut down on wheat. Since I do a lot of baking, I would love to be able to buy Pamela's flour.