Needle,ladle and cradle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from camillejoanne. Show camillejoanne's posts

Needle,ladle and cradle

Was the name I used back in the 60's when the chat was part of everyday life.  I saved many recipes from Aunti Mimo, Irish Indian, Medico and so many more. I think my Mother and I tried every recipe ever printed.  Does anyone else remember that time?  I still use many of the recipes and would love to purchase a copy of the cookbook, is that possible?
    Camille

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: Needle,ladle and cradle

Hi cj,

You've come to the right place - some of us go way back to the newspaper days, where the editor would kindly forward a stack of letters to us.  I started writing in the 60's when my toddler's favorite toy was a "toy trumpet", hence my nom.  Yes, the recipes from Irish Indian, Fireman's Wife, Medico, were always among the best.  I too, still have a lot of yellowed copies of them, they have been favorites over the years.  There are several of us who chat now, who are holdovers from those days.  In fact, Icer just shared with us that her grandmother was Fireman's Wife.  When she passed away the family found a stash of letters addressed to her, that had been forwarded by the Globe Editor. 

We have brought it up to the Globe before, about the re-publishing of those wonderful recipes, but I don't believe they've put together another cookbook.  I know there originally was one, Pingo may be the one who mentioned having a copy.

Feel free to jump over and join in the CC conversation at any time, we share recipes, problems, good times, humor, pet stories (and pictures), gardening, you name it, pretty much like the old days.  We'd be glad to have you join in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from camillejoanne. Show camillejoanne's posts

In Response to Re: Needle,ladle and cradle:
    Hi cj, You've come to the right place - some of us go way back to the newspaper days, where the editor would kindly forward a stack of letters to us.  I started writing in the 60's when my toddler's favorite toy was a "toy trumpet", hence my nom.  Yes, the recipes from Irish Indian, Fireman's Wife, Medico, were always among the best.  I too, still have a lot of yellowed copies of them, they have been favorites over the years.  There are several of us who chat now, who are holdovers from those days.  In fact, Icer just shared with us that her grandmother was Fireman's Wife.  When she passed away the family found a stash of letters addressed to her, that had been forwarded by the Globe Editor.  We have brought it up to the Globe before, about the re-publishing of those wonderful recipes, but I don't believe they've put together another cookbook.  I know there originally was one, Pingo may be the one who mentioned having a copy. Feel free to jump over and join in the CC conversation at any time, we share recipes, problems, good times, humor, pet stories (and pictures), gardening, you name it, pretty much like the old days.  We'd be glad to have you join in.
    Posted by toytrumpet

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from camillejoanne. Show camillejoanne's posts

In Response to Re: Needle,ladle and cradle :
    Posted by camillejoanne

Dear toytrumpet, thank you so much for responding.  I would love to become a part of your discussions, recipes etc.  I am not sure just how to access your group. This site is new to me.  If I hadn't read "project recipe box" I would have been completely unaware that this site existed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Right above your first post box, you will see Forums.
    Click on that it will bring you to the full page of threads.
    Scroll down to Lifestyle and then Click on
    Confidential Chat:  General
    Under that heading are all our various threads we start.  Right now most of our posting is in the August 2011.  Each month we start a new monthly titled thread.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, cj!  I don't go back that far, but I know and love those here who do.  You tried every recipe?  That's pretty impressive.  See you around!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from camillejoanne. Show camillejoanne's posts

Hi, cj!  I don't go back that far, but I know and love those here who do.  You tried every recipe?  That's pretty impressive.  See you around!
    Posted by kargiver

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from camillejoanne. Show camillejoanne's posts

In Response to Re: Needle,ladle and cradle :
    Posted by camillejoanne

Dear Kargiver, after reading your post I realized I was probably exagerating saying that my Mother and I must have tried every recipe but it sure seems like we did.  After reading about the recipe box project I did go through some that I had kept and made a spice cake.  You boil almost all the ingredients (except dry ingr.)  it is very spicy but really good.  I wish I could get my hands on the original cook book but I don't think that will happen.
    cjd

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: Needle,ladle and cradle : Dear Kargiver, after reading your post I realized I was probably exagerating saying that my Mother and I must have tried every recipe but it sure seems like we did.  After reading about the recipe box project I did go through some that I had kept and made a spice cake.  You boil almost all the ingredients (except dry ingr.)  it is very spicy but really good.  I wish I could get my hands on the original cook book but I don't think that will happen. cjd
    Posted by camillejoanne

What's the Recipe Box Project?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Was Debra Samuels supposed to be a Globe reporter?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Camille, let me be another one welcoming you to the Chat. We love to have you. Some of "us" old chatters found each other again on this forum. When I say again - it means we contributed to the printed Chat, which is no more. But in a way, I am glad it is no more. We have had so many new Chatters join us. Young and strong. They contribute so much to the Chat forum. Love them all.
    Like tt, I hope you will hop over to the daily Chat column to join us. Sounds like you have a lot to contribute. Welcome! - Pingo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Come on over to CC!  Everyone else is looking forward to meeting you, too. Smile

Sections
Shortcuts