Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Roasted Soups in Everyday Food

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Roasted Soups in Everyday Food

I've made 2 of the few roasted soups in this month's Everyday Food, Roated Eggplant and Chickpea, and Roasted Butternut and Chicken.  The butternut has cumin and coriander - smokey comfort food at its best.  In both cases, I used the 4 cups of stock it calls for PLUS one cup of plain water.  It was more like stew without the additional liquid.  I also used an immersion blender (sparingly) instead of a potato masher.  Other than that, all by the book.  HIGHLY recommend.  (DH said that the butternut one was better than the lobster bisque I made from a Food Network recipe that took all day and cost a fortune and a half.)  The eggplant one is good, too, very delicate flavor but hearty.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Roasted Soups in Everyday Food

Here are some photos of the butternut/chicken one.  I added about a rounded tsp of freshly grated ginger and a 5th cup of liquid (4 cups stock, 1 cup water).  You can find the recipes online.  Here's the link to the butternut/chicken.

Sections
Shortcuts