Sick of boring sandwiches

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Sick of boring sandwiches

hats, do you toast your pb and banana sandwiches?  The warm bananas get soft and fragrant and the pb melts.  The bread crusts up a bit for perfect texture contrast.   Absolutely divine.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In Response to Re: Sick of boring sandwiches:
    hats, do you toast your pb and banana sandwiches?  The warm bananas get soft and fragrant and the pb melts.  The bread crusts up a bit for perfect texture contrast.   Absolutely divine.
    Posted by kargiver

Yes, if I am at home I toast everything.  One of my favorite breakfasts is banana on buttered toast, with sugar sprinkled on top of the banana.

However, if I take it to work, I will put it on raisin or oat bread, or in a rollup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oooh, sugar on the banana.  Never considered that, but what a sublime addition.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In Response to Re: Sick of boring sandwiches:
    Oooh, sugar on the banana.  Never considered that, but what a sublime addition.
    Posted by kargiver

Yes, just a little bit of sugar, enough to give a slightly crunchy bite on the velvety bananas, which I cut in half, then cut each half into 4 thin slices.  All must be laid on the toast cut side up, and slightly mashed together so every bit of the toast is covered.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Haven't read all the previous posts, but cole slaw in the middle of any sandwich adds wonderful crunch and tartness.  Bring separately in a tupperware if bringing to work, and add just before eating.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JM4578. Show JM4578's posts

In Response to Sick of boring sandwiches:
    Hi all - I'm new to these boards and currently 1,000s of miles away from Boston in London! It's coming up to lunch time and I am so BORED of the same old sandwiches. I always have ham, cheese and mustard on white. But not only do I want to be healthier, I want to open my lunchbox with a wow! So... my challenge to you is to help me create the ultimate sandwich... I want to know what type of bread, what sort of filling, how high to stack the filling, the best way to store it. I recently went on a holiday to New York and absolutely loved the cream cheese and smoked salmon bagels. Has to be with pickle! Thanks for your help (P.S. lunch is in an hour!) x
    Posted by Jolers

How about a nice soft ciabatta roll with sliced smoked turkey, fresh sliced avocado, sharp cheddar cheese, chipolte mayo and smoky bacon. MMMmmmmm...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's a good sounding sandwich, JM.  Do you make your own chipotle mayo, or do you whip mayo with peppers in adobo? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldManRiver. Show OldManRiver's posts

My Favorite cold sandwich is this Seared Salmon Salad Sandwich made with fresh salmon, or trout.
    I often do it with left over fish as it is a great way to use fish the second day.

I like to put vegetables in the mixture like daikon, celery, scallios and carrots. But you can also use dill pickles, onions, etc.

The key to the taste is using some parsley or cillantro (or both) to pick up the taste.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugarxo. Show sugarxo's posts

Make a delicious mustard sauce to put on your sandwich.. It will add panache and taste to an otherwise boring ham or turkey sandwich ... 

Mustard Sauce (adapted from Joe's Mustard Sauce recipe)

1C mayonaise
    1 Tablespoon dry mustard
    2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon steak sauce (like A-1)
    1 Tablespoon heavy cream
    1 Tablespoon regular milk
    salt

Combine the mayonaise and dry mustard until well blended. Add All other ingredients, and mix until blended. Chill in the fridge until ready to use.
    Also great on fish or crab cakes.