Green cleaning products

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Green cleaning products

A little baking soda mixed with warm water is a great cleaner for stoves, including any spills that may have burned on.

Vinegar and water for windows does a good, non-streak job.

Have yet to decide on a "green" cleaning product for woodwork and floors.  Any suggestions?

tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from abet6d. Show abet6d's posts

Green cleaning products

Lemon juice for whitening and take away bad smell. Rest of making tea leaves or coffee could clean your rugs perfectly. Mustard will clean your dishes and make them shiny.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redflatshoe. Show redflatshoe's posts

Green cleaning products

I have 2 cockatiels and 2 parakeets that fly around the house and poop on everything (lots of tiny poops). I vacuum 2X a day and use a disinfectant to clean surfaces everynight. I completely clean the living room every day to prevent odors and baterial infections. I have used Holy Cow all purpose cleaner, Clorox green works and Biokleen (my new favorite). I used all these products in the kitchen, bath, living room, wood furniture and wood floors. For a complete shine on wood furniture, I use lemon oil.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lpcurley. Show lpcurley's posts

Green cleaning products

I swear by E-cloth. I was hugely skeptical at first that a cloth and warm water can do the trick. I'm telling you it does. With so much information (substantiated or not) about the dangers of chemicals in household cleaners, the resulting off gas, the lingering sprays, etc. I figured it couldn't hurt to try E-Cloth. It's cost effective, easy to use, makes cleaning fast.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HeadBone. Show HeadBone's posts

Re: Green cleaning products

In Response to Green cleaning products:
    [QUOTE]I wanted to send an email out to you guys so maybe you can help others. I purchased a Go Green product from a website called power2savings. At first I were skeptical of there product but I was intrigued on a 60 day money back guarantee. I installed the unit in August and in October I seen a 12% reduction in my energy bill from the month before and a 14 % reduction ($73.00 savings) in my bill from October of 2007 (just to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges) I would recommend this product to anyone who has an electric bill. ANYONE.
    Posted by jeffgold72[/QUOTE]

If you saw that big a savings in your energy bill, this invention would be well-publicized and the government and environmental groups would be touting its benefits.

Since the only mention I've heard of this is from an anonymous post, I have to conclude this is a scam and you are a scam artist.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HeadBone. Show HeadBone's posts

Microfiber cloths clean dust off of furniture and other surfaces with just wiping, avoiding the need for toxic chemical sprays. They are inexpensive. Lots of different companies make them, and you can buy them in any grocery store.

For some cleaning jobs, esp. pots and pans, soaking them in water in the sink or on the counter in an old juice or other container works wonders.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

I hire a maid.....she brings her own Pledge from her home.....

Sections
Shortcuts