Tips on staying green this summer?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Tips on staying green this summer?

Here's another one:  Put a drop of green dye at the bottom of a beer glass.  When you pour the beer in, it will look like it is magically turning green!  Your friends will be amazed!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna17. Show luna17's posts

In Response to Tips on staying green this summer?:

I have several wall air conditioners, and I place buckets under them to catch the water drips to water plants.   You'd be surprised at how quickly they fill up!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryTheGreek. Show HarryTheGreek's posts

I water my vegetable garden using the water collected in my dehumidifier.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I get my friends to drive me around, so I don't have to spend my money on gas, and I graze the food samples at Costco nearly every weekend.  That's how I keep my green.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yulolo. Show yulolo's posts

math

Where you can find what you want at best price. Ladies and gentleman,please don't hesitated to click it.www.findsoso.com
    Thousands of brand handbags shoes and high-heel shoes are waiting for you.

1. Free Shipping on all orders,5-10 days to worldwide.
    2.100%Satisfaction and Quality Guarantee.
    3. Paypal accept and freeshipping.
    4. If you have any problems, please contact our customer service.
    5. Live chat on line or email to us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bizzirk. Show bizzirk's posts

Instead of using T5 fluorescent tubes which contain mercury (harmful to environment), I'm in the process of switching them out to T5 LED that I'm planning to buy from vlamps.com. This will also save me alot of energy usage and damn, I can't stand looking up at the ceiling in my new apt because of the T5 fixtures!! So ugly!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Stop having children! If you do not create a new polluter think of a lifetimes worth of personal pollution magically gone.
    Down with children!
    :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If you're going to yard sales, thrift stores, etc., seriously inspect the items for bed bugs.  They are about the size of apple seeds and hide under things like flaps, collars, and pockets of clothing and in crevices in furniture (along seams). 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Martha1. Show Martha1's posts

We decided that it would be a not-green thing to update our 1989 kitchen with its formica counters and cabinets.  The kitchen is in excellent repair and works great, so we decided that it would be wrong to join the hordes who must have a new set of cabinets and granite counters, etc. just because it would be more up-to-date in appearance.

Why not just leave it alone?  We decided that this is the right thing to do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Well, it's fall now, but one thing I do is to check the house every few months to look for things that use electricity 24/7 and unplug them. It seems that every new thing comes with a wall-charger/converter or a 24/7 monitor light. It's easy to just leave these suckers plugged in all the time.

Love Martha1's idea above about not re-doing the kitchen. I'm in exactly the same position, with an old kitchen that functions really well. I'm going to upgrade the beat-up dishwasher to an energy efficent one and make some small upgrades.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Here's how I plan to stay green this Fall:  I'm going to do a kitchen renovation.  Out with the old, in with the new!  Might ewven paint the walls green.

In the process, I will spread some green, make the economy hum a little, and usae up the last of that lead paint I've been hloding onto.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GElligan. Show GElligan's posts

Buy less canned foods. Fresh vegetables for example, you can put in reusable bags when you go shopping. Plus it's much healthier.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tale47. Show tale47's posts

One of the best ways to lead a green lifestyle is by using Fur.

Fur is natural and Fur is renewable.

The lifestyle of wearing synthetic clothing is destroying the earth because synthetic clothing is made from oil.

Just as roof-top gardens save the earth, Fur bearing animals are organic when used as a food source for yourself or your pets

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Katt38. Show Katt38's posts

Hang up the clothes on the line. Breathe in fresh air.

Easy ways to go green
    What does going green mean

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CambGal. Show CambGal's posts

I'm going to switch to DEET-free bug spray. http://blog.practicallygreen.com/2011/06/deet-free-bug-spray-repels-mosquitos-keeps-humans-safe/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MomfromSomerville. Show MomfromSomerville's posts

Instead of taking the car, take the bike!Also with your children and dogs it is easy and safe nowadays. I cycled through whole Somerville and Boston with my two daughters.

I arrived a few months ago with my family and wanted to get around easily and safely with my kids to the playgrounds, my daycare, and to do some shopping and I did not want to always have to take my car.  I just love to be outside and like to exercise. They just started selling this Dutch trendy bike which helps me to get around, so maybe you would love it as well and this will be of convenience to  you as well.  www.myamsterdambike.com

I attended a Cambridge free urban cycling workshop last month and they will organize it more often the coming months to stimulate cycling and improve a healthy/green environment in Cambridge. Info is on the website of The City of Cambridge. I know you also get a free helmet when visiting the workshop.

Sections
Shortcuts