Biggest holiday diet worry?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Biggest holiday diet worry?

For some, the downfall of one's diet starts with Thanksgiving and doesn't stop until well after New Year's. What is your biggest worry when it comes to battle the holiday bulge? How do you handle holiday party food?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Re: Biggest holiday diet worry?

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/23/when-fat-runs-in-the-family/?pagemode=print

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shortylicious. Show Shortylicious's posts

I don't deny myself any treats around the holidays (or birthdays, Halloween, Valentines day, anniversaries....) but I keep the portions extra small and make sure to load up on fresh fruits and veggies. I also exercise every day so I don't worry about weight. In fact I haven't gained weight in a very long time and can still fit into my highschool-era (20+yrs ago) ski pants. Portion control has been a huge contributor to my success. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Shorty, that's my key to success, too.  I'm about 15 lbs over hs, but I was routinely asked if I were anorexic then.  My whole family, both sides, is overweight, and with portion control (not food restrictions) and exercise, I broke the mold...so to speak, lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

In Response to Re: Biggest holiday diet worry?:
    [QUOTE]The same thing I've always done to maintain weight steady: Move more, eat less. And do not eat sweets or soda. Ever. And avoid processed foods as much as possible.   If you just stop eating sweets, you simply stop wanting to eat them.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

I do the same things, it really works... especially about not craving sweets anymore, but  french fries,  that's another story!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't deny myself a small taste of anything that looks good over the holidays, but I do take a small portion and try to eat slowly, enjoying each morsel.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

I don't deny myself anything I want either!  I just don't eat sweets,  I never ate a lot of them... just a bite here and there.  I stopped for health reasons and discovered after awhile I no longer wanted them, they just don't appeal to me anymore and I feel so much better, slimmer too!  I do put a little apricot jam [naturally sweetened] on my bagels occasionally.  I won't touch artificial sweeteners [including stevia] with a 10 foot pole!  Just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

My biggest holiday diet worry is the same as it is all year long and has more to do with an allergy and less to do with any battle of the bulge. That being said..I don't really indulge in a lot of Christmas cookies and usually give away any I receive as gifts..unless they are from a completely trusted source.