Dealing with stressful relatives

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Dealing with stressful relatives

A person doesn't have to be disruptive to be stressful.  My in-laws aren't disruptive but they are stress inducing.  Their incessant talking drives me bonkers and their political views are on the opposite side of the spectrum from mine.  My step-dad with his stories told at a slow pace that meander forever can be a bit hard to take. 

I just try to remember that it's not about me and I am there for my wife, mother, or other family member. 

If they are at my house, I take my dogs on long walks.  If I'm at their house, I research all of the places to work out and try to find the best places (I'll plurge and treat myself to a top notch gym).  I also bring books - lots and lots of books.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mopart600. Show mopart600's posts

If they are staying with me, I don't let them stay more than 2 nights as a general rule.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GunghoGuy. Show GunghoGuy's posts

lAnyone who is disruptive in my home is put in his place immediately....I treat people the way they treat me and they will never be invited ever again!!