Dominated my first 10k!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchJillyrun. Show watchJillyrun's posts

Dominated my first 10k!

I did it...I dominated my first 10k!  I never stopped running and completed it in 1:06.  Thanks for all of the advice!  I didn't realize the topic of running with an ipod was such a controversial one but I did take your advice and ran without one.  You can check out my blog entry for more details and see some post run pics.  Thanks!
    http://adventuresintrainingforamarathon.com/2011/06/14/the-three-best-looking-runners-of-the-race-are-right-here/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lgmoney. Show lgmoney's posts

Re: Dominated my first 10k!

great job.  you are on your way.  never have worn an i pod myself.  have always focused on stride, gait, arms, breath and such, too much to focus on to worry about an appliance.  Also, with all the distractions that drivers are dealing with, you have to be totally aware, just in case you have to make that leap off the shoulder to avoid becoming a human speed bump.  good luck in your training for a half marathon, the programs that Runnersworld have are helpful.  Good luck

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great job!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dani273. Show Dani273's posts

Congrats!!! I am very envious of you. I get short winded when I bend over to tie my shoes, LOL! That is quite an accomplishment, you must be so proud!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

FANTASTIC! Great job! Feels like you can accomplish anything now, right??? :-) In addition to Runner's World training plans (which they now make you pay for...bummer because they were great) Hal Higdon has some great plans that are free. http://halhigdon.com/

Keep up the great work!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchJillyrun. Show watchJillyrun's posts

Thanks everyone!  I decided that I will run the BAA 1/2 marathon in JP on October 9th.  I have Hal Higdon's novice 1/2 training program that I will follow.  It's a 12 week program that I will begin in July.  I'm excited...but not looking forward to running in the heat of the summer.  In the mean time I will keep up with my training.  I'm running 3 days a week and started up with a running group, boxing 2 days a week (it's so hard!  but doing wonders for my endurance) and then a warrior class one day as well.  Thanks for all of your support.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lgmoney. Show lgmoney's posts

sounds like a great plan, not sure if you already registered for the race?  It is very popular and if there is a number there for you then scoop it up asap.  If not they might be able to guide you to a charity that has a number available, good luck!!!

In Response to Re: Dominated my first 10k!:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone!  I decided that I will run the BAA 1/2 marathon in JP on October 9th.  I have Hal Higdon's novice 1/2 training program that I will follow.  It's a 12 week program that I will begin in July.  I'm excited...but not looking forward to running in the heat of the summer.  In the mean time I will keep up with my training.  I'm running 3 days a week and started up with a running group, boxing 2 days a week (it's so hard!  but doing wonders for my endurance) and then a warrior class one day as well.  Thanks for all of your support.
    Posted by watchJillyrun[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchJillyrun. Show watchJillyrun's posts

Yes, I have heard the same thing from other runner friends.  I was told it sells out in hours.  Registration begins July 13th so I plan on going online as soon as it opens and claiming a spot.  Fingers crossed!

In Response to Re: Dominated my first 10k!:
    [QUOTE]sounds like a great plan, not sure if you already registered for the race?  It is very popular and if there is a number there for you then scoop it up asap.  If not they might be able to guide you to a charity that has a number available, good luck!!! In Response to Re: Dominated my first 10k! :
    Posted by lgmoney[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts