Favorite apps?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Favorite apps?

What are some of your favorite health, wellness, and fitness apps for your iphone, Android or Blackberry?
    We are compiling a list and want to hear what you use the most!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichaelM1856. Show MichaelM1856's posts

Re: Favorite apps?

Full disclosure, I work at MGH but wanted to pass along our free EMNet findER app designed to get users to the closest ER in the shortest ammount of time. The best part is it's free! http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/emnet-finder/id376928203?mt=8

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from theglennon. Show theglennon's posts

just started using RunKeeper. I have liked it so far. I am just starting to get running a bit and it's handy for tracking time and distance. The app even is paired with the RunKeeper site and you can share out your activity to help keep yourself motivated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquarta. Show aquarta's posts

1. MyFitnessPal <-- Great Calorie Counter, Food & Exercise Diary. Database is loaded with everyday food items from top name grocery stores, restaurants etc. You can even log your workouts. If there is something you can't find, you can enter it for everyone to use.

2. Whole Foods Recipes App - Great app that give great recipe ideas using items from Whole Foods. Grocery list is automatically generated for ingredients that are needed to make your favorite dish!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ageevans1. Show ageevans1's posts

I love the Couch25k app.  I used to run years ago but stopped because I got bored and my knees were in terrible condition.  Since I started using this app 8 weeks ago I have grown a new appreciation for running. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portiaperu. Show portiaperu's posts

I use Calorie Counter.  It's easy to monitor your daily diet and exercise.  Simple to use and a great tool (and that's the free version (!), the full version is likely superior in some features - if anyone can comment, please do).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from eatWell-beWell. Show eatWell-beWell's posts

As a Registered Dietitian, mynetdairy is pretty good for basic dietary intake tracking and exercise expenditure. ... Given I work at Children's - I rely on STAT GrowthCarts, which could be stellar.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from burbie. Show burbie's posts

How about an app that lets you know whether you even need to go to the ER. That would be both a life and a money saver.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ofd222. Show ofd222's posts

medscape, webMD, Epocrates, and KidsDoc - all great.  I'm a nurse -pediatrics, and a mom - these come in very handy.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LauretteBradley. Show LauretteBradley's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite apps?:
    Full disclosure, I work at MGH but wanted to pass along our free EMNet findER app designed to get users to the closest ER in the shortest ammount of time. The best part is it's free! http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/emnet-finder/id376928203?mt=8
    Posted by MichaelM1856

THANKS!  I didn't know about your app, but it looks great!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mmagoo6. Show mmagoo6's posts

I've been using caloriecount.about.com to track food and exercize for the last month or so, and I think it's really thorough.  It has most foods already in its database, and you can add your own recipes if you're so inclined.  It has an android and iphone app associated with it

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fiskest. Show fiskest's posts

I love the suite of free iPhone apps from MeYou Health - especially Munch 5-a-day for tracking fruits and vegetables I eat, and Monumental where I can climb virtual monuments as I climb real stairs then check out the view from the top. 
    You can see all of the apps here: www.products.meyouhealth.com

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vinnienap. Show vinnienap's posts

I use WeightWatchers mobile and Walkmeter for the iphone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jh515. Show jh515's posts

I like to use Boston based "Lose It" to count my calories and track my weight loss.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from someguy1. Show someguy1's posts

My favorite health/fitness app? It's called Itunes. It lets me listen to mp3's while I run, play sports, and workout. No "app" is going to make me get fit. Action is what makes me get/stay fit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetaquitos. Show lovetaquitos's posts

iFitness. Its awesome.

I also use CalorieCount.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluesnbrews-com. Show bluesnbrews-com's posts

Lose It - EXCELLENT - and free! - app for tracking calories in (from food) and out (exercise). Amazing database of foods, and I love the ability to calculate calories in our family dinners by entering the recipe ingredients! I showed it to my Mom (age 65) - she says it's now the app she uses most - several times a day - on her ipod touch. We have both lost weight using Lose It's calorie-counting features. :-)

Also FMC Menstrual Calendar - Not perfect, but it fits my needs best out of about 10 apps in this category that I tried.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mobimike. Show mobimike's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite apps?:
    How about an app that lets you know whether you even need to go to the ER. That would be both a life and a money saver.
    Posted by burbie

That's what iTriage does which is in this list (2nd app, page 3). For example, if you tweak your ankle at a softball game and think you may have fractured it, you can look up ankle fracture and the app gives you a list of the medical facility types you can go to. In this example, the app let's you know you can either go to an ER to treat that or you can go to an Urgent Care, which is way faster and cheaper.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gts2525. Show gts2525's posts

The best online fitness tool is Holosfitness.com. Holosfitness.com is a free online fitness tool and social network focused on health. The site offers hundreds of exercises posted with step-by-step instruction, video demonstration of workouts, and blogs posted by fitness professionals.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ethanben. Show ethanben's posts

Full disclosure- I work for Newton-Wellesley Hospital and we recently launched a FREE iPhone app as well! Check it out at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nwh-mobile-wait-time/id419260177?mt=8

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rajivmehta. Show rajivmehta's posts

Tonic (http://bit.ly/TonicSC) is the best app for people with complex daily health regimens — people who have multiple chronic (and temporary) conditions, as well as those who just have a lot of medications, therapies, symptoms, metrics, etc. to keep track of everyday.  It is used by a wide range of people, some with complex issues (cancer, parkinson's disease, cystic fibrosis, etc.) and others with difficult-to-remember "wellness" regimens.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugarxo. Show sugarxo's posts

I like EndoMondo ... it measures distance, calories etc for anything you are doing. Running, walking, kayaking, etc... It is helpful to me and simple to use!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRCookJR310. Show JRCookJR310's posts

I have been using LoseIt app (free) for several years.  A great app that tracks calories, exercise all within a daily & weekly calorie budget.  The first time I used it, it helped me lose 25 lbs.  I continue to use it to maintain my desired weight.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from crikker. Show crikker's posts

Livestrong Claorie Tracker.  Its amazing.  Changed my life -- really.  Lost 40 pounds since last Xmas, and have a whole new way of looking at food and exercise.  Now, my motivation to exercise is to be able to eat more!  Genius.  And it works.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notoneofdem. Show notoneofdem's posts

I use the same app I used in the 50's, my brain!  Some of you may want to try using yours, the rest of you stay with your apps, you would never make it through the day without them

Sections
Shortcuts