Favorite apps?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from intero. Show intero's posts

Re: Favorite apps?

I started using Livestrong (the paid version) in March.  I tracked every bite of food and drink of non-water liquid that entered my body.  If it was something made from scratch, I found out the ingredients and did the math.  I tracked my weight every day too (I like data).   I went from 243lbs to 189 in about 4.5 months.  My cholesterol dropped from 210 to 160.  I also exercised and a lot and ate tons of veggies (including home made raw green smoothies at least 4 days a week).  I've now stopped counting calories and added some more caloric foods back into my diet.  So far, the weight has stayed the same (I'm still eating tons of veggies, drinking the smoothies, and working out a lot).  I can't believe how much better I feel every single day.  So very worth the effort.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickiebaby. Show chickiebaby's posts

I've been using Lose It for years and haven't even thought about looking for another fitness or food app since I found it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from smbakke77. Show smbakke77's posts

I use My Fitness Pal to track my calories and exercises at the gym and Runkeeper for walks, runs, etc. I've lost 45 lbs since April using these apps.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JCBMoxie. Show JCBMoxie's posts

Any of the "map my fitness" apps or online offerings are great.  Really easy to map out the routes you like for walking, running, riding, hiking, etc... you can see distance, elevation, track time or energy used, use the app on your phone, all sorts of things.  Most are free or very low cost.  Highly recommend

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fifteenfan. Show fifteenfan's posts

I *love* Cyclemeter GPS Bike Computer: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cyclemeter-gps-bike-computer/id330595774?mt=8

I use this to track how long and fast I ride and summarizes by week, month, year, etc. It also keeps track of other activities: hiking, walking, snowshoeing. I love this app, the best I've tried.

(I'm not affiliated in any way, just a big fan.)