Have you tried wrinkle creams?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Have you tried wrinkle creams?

What have you used to combat your wrinkles? Over the counter creams? Prescription-strength remedies? What helped? Did anything make a difference?
    How did you figure out what to use? We'd like to hear your story. E-mail reporter Kay Lazar at klazar@globe.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: Have you tried wrinkle creams?

Over the counter creams don't work, they're not strong enough,  you're paying for the packaging.  If you can afford to,  make an appointment with a cosmetic dermatologist [MD] or a plastic surgeon [MD] to see real results, otherwise just use common sense, limit time in the sun,  eat healthy,  remove makeup at bedtime.  If you have acne,   see an MD,  there is effective treatment available.  Don't waste your money on department store stuff.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't use wrinkle creams because I don't have any.  I'm 39 and am regularly guessed to be in my mid-twenties.  I've had to wear sunscreen on my face since I was 15 because I developed rosacea at that time.  I noticed that if I went out in the sun for even 5 minutes without it I broke out with the redness and painful bumps of the disorder.  So, inadvertently, I stopped the clock.  YAY!

I just read somewhere (a fairly recent copy of Woman's World mag, I think, or possibly the newest Shape) that eating a lot of beta carotene boosts your natural ability to ward off sun damage making carrots an internal sunscreen.  You also end up getting a bit of a glow just from eating them, too.

And, I agree with Robin - if you're looking for wrinkle treatment, don't waste money on OTC stuff. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

You don't need dept store stuff, but if you use good stuff in addition to eating well, exercising, sleeping properly, not smoking and not drinking, it can make a difference. I started using ROC around my eyes. It made my Eleven Lines [you know, the 2 between your eyes on your brow] disappear.  I have very dry skin, so if I don't drink enough water or get enough sleep, you can see very fine lines around my eyes.  I am 38 and got carded recently.  My mom suggested that I try it b/c it worked for her.  The ads are true - it does knock 10 years off. 

I use the ROC that does not have retinol. The retinol is too strong for my skin. It used to come in serum form, but I can't find it in that form anymore in stores; they only seem to carry the retinol ones in serum form.  I have not looked online yet. The cream formula that they switched to does not work nearly as well.  CVS makes a knock off of the serum and I picked some up last week.  It seems to be just as good.  I also use the CVS ROC knock off serum under my regular sunblock and face cream.  You don't have to spend a fortune, but if you have dry or sensitive skin, you can't start too early taking precautions. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I get carded all the time!  Isn't it great?

Good to know about ROC.  I thought they were all talk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugarxo. Show sugarxo's posts

I agree with all the previous posters. As someone who has tried every face product under the sun, I dont find many products to be effective.  I am also in my 30's and regularly get told I look to be in my 20's.  I drink a ton of water (nearly a gallon a day), exercise regularly, eat healthily and use sunscreen. 

Recently I did start using a line of organic face products, and they are absolutely fantastic. I DO notice a difference in how soft and even my skin has become.  The brand is www.madefromearth.com.  I blogged about this product and I truly believe in it.  They arent made up of chemicals which can be really harsh on skin, and actually make problems like acne worse!

Dont waste money on $$$$ products, be good to your body and your body will thank you Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I like Garden Girl Skincare, too, especially the tea tree oil fash wash, "You're Fresh."  I haven't tried their anti-aging stuff because I don't need it, but I would if I did based on the performance of the other products and their natural ingredients.  I'm anti-parabens these days since my SIL got estrogen sensitive breast cancer last year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I have been using Oil of Olay since my early 20's and love it.  My mother did too. I have tried different kinds, but always go back to that.  My daughter has just started using it.  And I drink water all day too. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDiSaia. Show DrDiSaia's posts

Hello,

Wrinkle creams per se are minimally effective. Avoidance of sun exposure and liberal use of sunscreen are helpful. Retin A is useful to minimize some fine wrinkling at low doses and has now gone generic.

A reader at my blog asked about what age might be appropriate for Minimally Invasive Treatments:

http://www.cosmeticsurgerytruth.com/blog/?p=2833

Suffice it to say it  is easier to avoid the damage rather than try to repair it later.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDiSaia. Show DrDiSaia's posts

In Response to Re: Have you tried wrinkle creams?:
    In Response to Re: Have you tried wrinkle creams? :
    Hello, Wrinkle creams per se are minimally effective. Avoidance of sun exposure and liberal use of sunscreen are helpful. Retin A is useful to minimize some fine wrinkling at low doses and has now gone generic. A reader at my blog asked about what age might be appropriate for Minimally Invasive Treatments: http://www.cosmeticsurgerytruth.com/blog/?p=2833 Suffice it to say it  is easier to avoid the damage rather than try to repair it later. Posted by DrDiSaia Thank you Dr,   I tried to tell them,  maybe they'll believe you!
    Posted by Robin39

Thank you. Sunscreen is cheap and effective but nobody likes to have to think ahead.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDiSaia. Show DrDiSaia's posts

In Response to Re: Have you tried wrinkle creams?:
    In Response to Re: Have you tried wrinkle creams? : Those women who think they are aging well  aren't complaining!  Of course not they're in their late 30s and early 40s.   Just wait another decade!  Dr DiSaia you know what I'm talking about.   BTW: Do you know Dr Sheldon Sevinor?  He has been the go to man around here for a long time.  Thanks for your input.
    Posted by Robin39

I don't know your doc but you can't know everyone. :) Aging well is all relative. Suffice it to say that prevention beats heavy treatment. I treat myself lightly and lean on prevention as well. 

Sections
Shortcuts