What are the small things you do during the day to fit in exercise?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

What are the small things you do during the day to fit in exercise?

Taking the stairs instead of the elevator or going for a quick walk at lunch are two small ways you can squeeze movement into your day. What are some of the other steps you take to fit in fitness?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: What are the small things you do during the day to fit in exercise?

For an "older lady" like me, there are little things I do -
    - Park at the end of the parking lot to get more steps in to and from the store
    - Make it a point to go up and down stairs at least once a day even tho my bedroom is on the main floor.
    - Stre---tch for that object on the high shelf instead of immediately going for the step stool
    - sweep and dry mop floors/rugs instead of vacuuming
    - stand and move around, instead of sitting, when talking on the phone
    - drag the hose out front daily to water flowers
    - altho I can't kneel, I can bend and pull those weeds

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sitting on an exercise ball instead of an office chair might get you funny looks, but it burns quite a bit more calories than sitting in the chair, and it tones your core.  No perceived effort and zero time required.  They cost about $30.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: What are the small things you do during the day to fit in exercise?:
    [QUOTE]Sitting on an exercise ball instead of an office chair might get you funny looks, but it burns quite a bit more calories than sitting in the chair, and it tones your core.  No perceived effort and zero time required.  They cost about $30.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

I'd fall off!  (Know this was directed to me, Kargiver, just putting my two cents worth in)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If anyone feels unstable on it at first, they can deflate it such that it doesn't roll very much at all - it flattens on the floor and at your bum.  Then, as you get stronger (those muscles will strenthen even with it deflated some), you can grandually add air.  Then, you'll gradually build up those core muscles without risking falling off.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lgmoney. Show lgmoney's posts

agree with all posts, stairs when you can, park far away and walk to place, but even better, if you can ride a bike safely to get errands done, do this, you may add some time to the total turn around but you are worth it.
    I get to gym no matter what since, that is where I shave and shower, daily, so there every day, but mix up the work outs so not getting over use injuries.
    bike there since just adding just 8 minutes on trip, and since warmed up already, get right to yoga mat to stretch, do not have to do warm up at gym.
    use to just do things 2-3 days a week, always do something daily now since would make up excuses to miss before, now I don't even think of it as exercise, just part of my day

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lgmoney. Show lgmoney's posts

make it a game each day to add something that will move you around and burn calories instead of sitting

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugarxo. Show sugarxo's posts

I park far away from the store... People get irritated with me but too bad. Im saving your life.. Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugarxo. Show sugarxo's posts

Oh yes, and I walk downtown when I need to do an errand at the postoffice, library, etc.. Why waste gas! Its only a mile.. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CNY_Fit. Show CNY_Fit's posts

Committment to the gym 6 days as week, and eating a diet which enhances growth hormone production.  No sugar what so ever.  Alot of whole grains, rice, and high protein food, fruits, vegeatbles, and high fiber foods.  We don't eat any fast food anymore, and frankly since we haven't in a long time, it doesn't taste good anymore.  3 days is strength building work outs, and 3 days is muscle toning.  My wife works out with me, so we motivate each other.  We both use an Ipod during the work out, so no one bothers us.  Our workouts are no more than 1 1/2 hour sometimes, and 1 1/4 hour mostly.  We don't use the gym as a place to meet people, and refuse to get into chatting discussions with people, and those that know us, expect that from us.  We both have high stress jobs and have 3 kids, but don't spend our time on motorcycles, boats, etc.  As a family, we canoe or hike which is a great routine in it's self.  Our Kids are now beginning to work our with us.  In anycase, whether it's 5am in the morning or 7:45 at night, or even if it's 2am in them morning before catching an early morning flight, or even while on vacation or weekend getaways, we still work out along our schedule.  We always work out.  If you belong to an ersa gym, you can visit other ersa clubs at have te daily rate. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidLevy. Show DavidLevy's posts

In Response to What are the small things you do during the day to fit in exercise?:
    [QUOTE]Taking the stairs instead of the elevator or going for a quick walk at lunch are two small ways you can squeeze movement into your day. What are some of the other steps you take to fit in fitness?
    Posted by BostonDotCom[/QUOTE]

When shopping at a store that has a parking lot, I park as far from the store as I can.  I also take the stairs instead of the escalator.  When carrying packages, I do not put them down when stopping until I get to my destination.  When taking a break during the work day, I often walk the mail to the post office.

Fit as a fiddle

Sections
Shortcuts