What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?

Whether it's the person running on the treadmill next to you eyeballing how many miles you've completed or the person who doesn't wipe down a machine we want to hear what annoys you the most while working out. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?

Having the gym too cold.  I know people get warm working out, but if I'm half expecting to be able to see my breath, I don't go back there.  My elliptical is in our unfinished basement (only place it fits), and I won't use it in the Winter - bad timing as far as flab goes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joecadillac. Show joecadillac's posts

Blaring music drives me absolutely crazy. People who want music should be able to listen to their own chosen songs on their own headphones without blowing out an eardrum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Razorback. Show Razorback's posts

Long, loud, unimportant cell phone conversations from the person next to you on the cardio equipment.  Also, that same person sitting on one of two or three weight benches (in a crowded gym), not working out, but carrying on a long, loud, unimportant cell phone conversation while you are waiting to use a bench.

We all understand that cell phones are a part of life, and I don't think anyone cares about the short-and-necessary conversations that people need to have from time to time, but listening to someone talk about how drunk they got last weekend for 30 minutes...really?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from borkmeistah. Show borkmeistah's posts

When people pass gas while while bench pressing. In a way it's funny because everyone knows what they just heard but the person is trying to play it cool like there's nothing out of the ordinary and nothing happened. Then it stinks up the place because the person's hopped up on 3 protein shakes and a tuna sandwich thinking this is the way to get in shape for the summer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kanamullen. Show kanamullen's posts

People that don't put things back where they belong, ie; leaving weights on the machines or dumbells all over the place. Spitting in the water fountain and not wiping their sweat off of equipment they just used.  People hogging an area just talking with no consideration or respect for others.

Gym's should have RULES posted and staff that politely enforces them.  Most just want to come there, work out and leave.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IREX1. Show IREX1's posts

In Response to What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?:
    [QUOTE]Whether it's the person running on the treadmill next to you eyeballing how many miles you've completed or the person who doesn't wipe down a machine we want to hear what annoys you the most while working out. 
    Posted by BostonDotCom[/QUOTE]

Obviously those who check my progress..   Just throw the towl on the machine's display and they won't have anything to look at..   When you need to see it, just pick up the towel, wipe your sweat and check where you are ...  Tongue out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimbo75. Show jimbo75's posts

• having the gym ice cold, if you can't break a sweat, what's the point?
    • gym using every square inch possible, cramming equiptment into spaces
    • people standing around watching TV and not moving, if you want to watch TV go stay on your couch
    • people who do not re-rack their weights.  It takes a second people.
    • people using 3 stations at once and say 'i'm still using it'.  One at a time people.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?:
    [QUOTE]I lift things up and put them down.
    Posted by playoffredsox[/QUOTE]

I love that ad.  "And, here's our stretching area........"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from smor. Show smor's posts

CELLPHONES!  I don't want to listen to your inane gossip sessions or business negotiations.  I imagine most gyms have rules about them, but it isn't enforced where I go.  If your child calls to say he needs a ride home, fine, but limit the chat to about 20 seconds please.  Also, blaring music.  Not relaxing.  If people need to blast heavy metal to get pumped, they can bring an ipod and earphones.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from esmith772. Show esmith772's posts

Peeing in the shower???? Hey, I saw a drain! It's a pipe.......They're all conected.

by George Costanza

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BooDiggly. Show BooDiggly's posts

[QUOTE]When people pass gas while while bench pressing. In a way it's funny because everyone knows what they just heard but the person is trying to play it cool like there's nothing out of the ordinary and nothing happened. Then it stinks up the place because the person's hopped up on 3 protein shakes and a tuna sandwich thinking this is the way to get in shape for the summer.
    Posted by borkmeistah[/QUOTE]

BWWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! I think that guy works out at my gym!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeasideDreamer. Show SeasideDreamer's posts

Too hot !   Everyone is working out, it should be cool in the gym!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Merfq. Show Merfq's posts

People who choose to work out on the one elyptical that squeeks and needs oil bad, when there are 5 other free ones!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from THEBUNBOY. Show THEBUNBOY's posts

People who see the gym as a social club instead of a place to WORKOUT.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snapyernek. Show Snapyernek's posts

I pick things up I put them down !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ennio. Show ennio's posts

When people SLAM! down the weights accompanied by massive GRUNTING! in an effort to alert those around them how much they're capable of lifting. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayEm86. Show JayEm86's posts

Teenage girls that go in a group to "workout" together. I hate walking into the designated light-exercise (i.e. abs, light lifting, stretching) room to find that a group of 5 girls are spread out on the already limited number of matts, just sitting there lounging, gossiping, and doing their hair in the mirror.
    No thanks! Find a sauna to do that in, please.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from exitseven. Show exitseven's posts

doing arm curls on the squat rack

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BooDiggly. Show BooDiggly's posts

Despite the well-equipped women's only section at my gym, half the women insist on working out in the men's area. As much as I enjoy female company, waiting for a machine while three women take turns yakking and working out gets old fast. Especially in the mornings when time is limited as it is.

My wife works out in the women's-only section and insists that it has the identical equipment. What gives??!! I get the whole 'wanting-to-be-seen' thing that some people have, but seriously - workout on your own side. You can parade around later if that makes you feel good.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KFitz422. Show KFitz422's posts

Super-circuiters. Dude, it's 5:30, the gym is packed, and you are taking up 3 stations and running around everywhere. If you are going to do that, you better come in the middle of the day when it is deserted.

Grunters/Yellers. Volume does not correlate to dead lift strength! Shut up.

Bar borrowers. Oh thanks for making this bench useless by taking the bar to do an obscure exercise on the other side of the gym. Don't worry that there are only 3 benches and that there are hundreds of other exercises you could do to work the same muscle group. Oh and don't bother returning the bar you can just leave it on the floor.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from someguy1. Show someguy1's posts

guys who grunt/yell REALLY loudly, and often.  And guys that throw the dumbells down to the floor when they've finished a set.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfee. Show dfee's posts

[QUOTE]1. The volume of the piped in music! It is so loud that I can hear it over my iPod. 2. The fact that they have 30 TVs but not one has the right aspect ratio (lots of sports bars have the same thing.) It is a setting on the TV that doesn't make everyone look like Oompa Loompas. 3. Sweaty people who don't wipe the equipment off when they are done. 4. Employees who sit at the desk texting every minute.
    Posted by Harry-O[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gymrat. Show Gymrat's posts

Personal Trainers who are skinny or out of shape

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfee. Show dfee's posts

[QUOTE]1. The volume of the piped in music! It is so loud that I can hear it over my iPod. 2. The fact that they have 30 TVs but not one has the right aspect ratio (lots of sports bars have the same thing.) It is a setting on the TV that doesn't make everyone look like Oompa Loompas. 3. Sweaty people who don't wipe the equipment off when they are done. 4. Employees who sit at the desk texting every minute.
    Posted by Harry-O[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts