What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billd2002. Show billd2002's posts

Re: What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?

Curling in the squat rack.  Squatting in the curl rack.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scuba33. Show scuba33's posts

When people use sauna as the laundry room and dry their wet clothes there, or sit there fully clothed, including shoes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from netsurfer33. Show netsurfer33's posts

In Response to Re: What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?:
    [QUOTE]Go to Boston Sports Club/Wellington on a weekend it is a S-show People ignoring cell phone usage policy, and staff not enforcing it. That one kills me. Not racking weights Using bench next to you as a place for your "stuff". That is what lockers are for people! Not to mention the time someone started eating a sandwich on the gym floor. Priceless. All this and more ore 60 bucks a month. 
    Posted by megasudz[/QUOTE]

Ugh! The people there can be incredible. Last week a girl was walking in circles around the steppers and gliders talking on her phone so loudly I could hear her over the buzz of the equipment, the piped in music and my ipod!
    There is also a woman who dresses like she's 12 and never stops talking on her blackberry, even when she's using the ab crunch machine, she also doesn't let anyone take reps while she's "working out".
    The muscleheads upstairs are typically harmless but the dropping of the weights can be too much.
    And there has been more than one person who could have used a shower BEFORE they showed up.
    Another thing that bugs me, they don't always keep up with cleaning. The second floor bathrooms can be downright nasty, the trash barrells have obvious signs of spit on them, towels often overflow and the equipment can be very dusty. They have cleaning people there but I don't think they give them enough hours.
    With all that,  my ultimate pet peeve are the trainers who stand around doing nothing. I see people with terrible form who look/act like they're going to hurt themselves and these people completely ignore it. You don't have to give people private training sessions but you could take 5 - 10 mins to keep someone from seriously hurting him/herself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ellegee. Show ellegee's posts

So do I, except I can't run in the house!

[QUOTE]A gym, that I've quit and they're still trying to collect dues.  Gold's anyone?  I now run, do chin ups, push ups and barbells in the house.  Winter, Fall, Summer and Spring!
    Posted by solaceone[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbarnes42. Show tbarnes42's posts

guys that bend over naked in the locker room!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stressedoutstudent. Show Stressedoutstudent's posts

People who spit on indoor tracks.  Come on people..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FredQuimby. Show FredQuimby's posts

Men looking to hook up with other men in the steam room or sauna. Especially married men. BSC is notorious for it. Don't believe me? Check out the missed connections on craigs.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from larryp71. Show larryp71's posts

Its a health club

• Men Shaving should be banned - they dont clean up after themselves (wonder what it looks like in your bathroom)
    •  Guys who bench press over 400 lbs at a "Health Club" - Go to Golds Gym
    • People who grunt loudly then drop the weight - you look over expecting a monster of a guy only to realize some dude just bench pressed using 30 lb dumbells
    • Guys walking around with a gallon of water and their gym bag filled with wraps, chalk, straps - again, this is a health club!
    • People always looking at themselves in the mirror, even when they pass one - yup, you still have man b00bs dude!
    • People who know you are waiting for a machine and "only has one set left" and doesn't let you work in with him.
    • Guys who have impressive upper bodies only to find that when they slip on shorts, their legs are undeveloped and puney! Idiots!
    • Ladies wearing grey or light colored yoga pants not realizing we can see the sweat spot on your 'taint spot AND not wiping down the seat you just got off of

Should I keep going here?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toolio. Show toolio's posts

[QUOTE]People who choose to work out on the one elyptical that squeeks and needs oil bad, when there are 5 other free ones!
    Posted by Merfq[/QUOTE]

Or, how about gyms that don't get the equipment serviced when the ellipticals start to squeek or the treadmills start to pound?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OutinRightField. Show OutinRightField's posts

People who do 5 or more sets on an individual machine, occupying it for way too long. Get your work done and move on!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from imnotsurprised. Show imnotsurprised's posts

All of the above.  This is why I don't go to the gym.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toolio. Show toolio's posts

Mine is a never-ending list.  Something new almost every time I go.  One of my goals is to have a home gym so I never have to deal with health/athletic clubs again. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mumbles. Show mumbles's posts

People who hog equipment. Even when they see you standing there waiting for them to relinquish it. More than 30 minutes on a piece of equipment when the place is obviously busy with lots of people working out, is inconsiderate. And the much mentioned wiping down the equipment when you are done. And those who have to empty the contents of their gym bags in the general area of their chosen locker space as if it was their bedroom at home. Not to mention people who cannot be bothered to turn off the shower when they are finished with it. Why leave the shower running? Do they think water is free? Do they not realize as members it will be their monthly fees that go up when the health club's water bill increases? Do they think the management of the club will just say: "oh well, water bill is going through the roof, we'll just cover that for the membership". Not likely. Yell

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bosshark. Show Bosshark's posts

I hate when the gym is too hot.  News flash - sweating doesn't make you burn more calories or work out more intensely.  In fact, being too hot makes most people work out less intensely, and as a result, burn less calories.

Plus, having the temperature too high only makes those deoderant-averse people smell even worse.  And you're more likely to get splattered with sweat from the gnarly dude next to you on the too-close-together elliptical machines (another pet peeve - too close together cardio machines!!).

Besides, if you're cold, put on another layer. Do you really want the people who are too hot to wear even less???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmfraser2. Show jmfraser2's posts

Biggest:  People who ask to "work in" a set when the gym is not busy and there are other things they could do. 

Your workout routine shoudn't be so regimented that others have to interrupt their workouts simply because you are unwilling or unable to occupy yourself with another exercise for a few minutes.

Second Biggest:  meatheads.  Those pecs will be saggy manboobs someday, so maybe best to cut back on the weights and grunting and try actually being healthy instead (i.e., lean, toned, cardio)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kpb1972. Show kpb1972's posts

People who surround themselves with every size dumb bell they are going to use during their workout and leave none left for anyone else to use.  BUY YOUR OWN GYM AND STAY THERE!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MistaSmart. Show MistaSmart's posts

In order of most annoying:

1. Standing infront of the (dumbbell/barbell) weight rack doing their exercise. Anything over 15 seconds there is annoying. You're in the way of people who needs to grab some weights or put them back you Nitwit.
    2. Leave their weights hanging around after they are done.
    3. Put dumbbells back in the wrong slots.
    4. Lounging on a machine that someone else needs or staying on one machine for over 20 minutes.
    5. A group hogging all the machines/bench of the same type. If there's 3 of you, you don't need to grab 3 benches. You can grab 1 or 2 and take turn.

This is not annoying:
    - Using multiple (2 or 3) machines at once. These are called super-sets or tri-sets. Some workout programs advise you to do these. As long as the person doesn't lounge around and take too much time, it should be ok.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bslap. Show bslap's posts

When someone is on the leg press or Smith Rack and out of nowhere comes the dumbest person in the gym and rigorously yanks some plates off of it while the lifter is in progress.  That distraction can be catastrophic to a person's knees if startled and they lose form.  Please stay the hell away from
     the racks, no matter who is on it, while they lift!  Thanks!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronm1945. Show Ronm1945's posts

How about people that change in the workout area and not in the locker rooms.

Or the machine that is so dusty that you write "C-l-e-a-n M-e" on it.

Or the cretans that throw gum and paper towels in the urinals.

Or the machines that always need to be lubricated but never are.

Or why does it seem that you are the only one in the entire gym that goes to the desk and asks for a refill on the spray bottle?

Or why is it that the the women that sweat the most, usually in the wrong places, always wear tight light gray sweats? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anti-Lib. Show Anti-Lib's posts

Re: Its a health club

In Response to Its a health club:
    [QUOTE]Men Shaving should be banned - they dont clean up after themselves (wonder what it looks like in your bathroom)  Guys who bench press over 400 lbs at a "Health Club" - Go to Golds Gym People who grunt loudly then drop the weight - you look over expecting a monster of a guy only to realize some dude just bench pressed using 30 lb dumbells Guys walking around with a gallon of water and their gym bag filled with wraps, chalk, straps - again, this is a health club! People always looking at themselves in the mirror, even when they pass one - yup, you still have man b00bs dude! People who know you are waiting for a machine and "only has one set left" and doesn't let you work in with him. Guys who have impressive upper bodies only to find that when they slip on shorts, their legs are undeveloped and puney! Idiots! Ladies wearing grey or light colored yoga pants not realizing we can see the sweat spot on your 'taint spot AND not wiping down the seat you just got off of Should I keep going here?
    Posted by larryp71[/QUOTE]Except most of us actually go to gyms.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chomp. Show Chomp's posts

1). People that go to the gym with another person. Working out is a solo gig.  Going with another person is soooo demotivating.

2). People that sit on the Nautilus-type machine as chairs.  You don't do your set of bench presses....then sit there for 10 minutes before you do your next set.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aad61. Show aad61's posts

[QUOTE]having the gym ice cold, if you can't break a sweat, what's the point? gym using every square inch possible, cramming equiptment into spaces people standing around watching TV and not moving, if you want to watch TV go stay on your couch people who do not re-rack their weights.  It takes a second people. people using 3 stations at once and say 'i'm still using it'.  One at a time people.
    Posted by jimbo75[/QUOTE]

If someone says they are still using a station but are clearly using a different one I just point out that it sure looks like I'm using it. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrunoWoohoo. Show BrunoWoohoo's posts

Women who work out in the men's section when they have their own women-only area. They may look good, but I'm there to work out in the limited time that I have, not to wait for them to get off our machines.