What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from urkiddinme. Show urkiddinme's posts

Re: What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?

I work out at a very small gym with limited cardio equipment. There are 4 treadmills, one of which has a noticeably longer & wider track than the other three and is the only one really suitable for serious running.  The other three are good professional quality treadmills but with shorter, narrower tracks that are fine for walking but not comfortable and safe for anything over 4mph pace.  So I get annoyed when I plan to run, get to the gym and find someone on the big treadmill (while anywhere from one to three of the smaller ones are available), walking at 2mph with a 0% incline, reading a book and sipping a coffee.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scottabab. Show Scottabab's posts

In Response to Re: What are your biggest pet-peeves when working out?:
    having the gym ice cold,
    Posted by jimbo75

The problem I have is when the gyms are to warm. Even in the winter the heat is on. People go in in sweat shirts and walk and don't work up a sweat and complain that the fan makes them cold. I need the fan to keep cool and the walkers get mad. I think you should be there to work out enough that you should not get cold in a heated place.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scottabab. Show Scottabab's posts

People who hog equipment. Even when they see you standing there waiting for them to relinquish it. More than 30 minutes on a piece of equipment when the place is obviously busy with lots of people working out, is inconsiderate. And the much mentioned wiping down the equipment when you are done. And those who have to empty the contents of their gym bags in the general area of their chosen locker space as if it was their bedroom at home. Not to mention people who cannot be bothered to turn off the shower when they are finished with it. Why leave the shower running? Do they think water is free? Do they not realize as members it will be their monthly fees that go up when the health club's water bill increases? Do they think the management of the club will just say: "oh well, water bill is going through the roof, we'll just cover that for the membership". Not likely. 
    Posted by mumbles

I run for sport and 30 minutes is just not long enough, I need to run at least an hour and sometimes 2. I asked at the gym if there was a limit and they said no. So my pet peeve is the gyms that have a limit, and the members who then move to push you off if you exceed it so they can go on thier walk. Mostly waiting another 5 mintues and there will be another open treadmill, and you don't have to interupt someons workout. There should be enough treadmills so that no one has to wait too long, even at peak. The one I go to now has no limits because they have enogh equipment. If you have to wait it is beause the gym doesn't have enough equipment.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dinosaurworld. Show dinosaurworld's posts

People who come in wearing jeans and a collared shirt, then proceed to passively "work out" on weight machines and cardio equipment.  What's the point?  Stay home, amateur.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boofah. Show boofah's posts

I love all the people complaining about how others look, smell or sound at the gym. If your only purpose at the gym really is to workout, then focus and don't let others bother you. Many complaining are inferring that these other people are conceided...take a look in the mirror before cutting down others.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahendy. Show noahendy's posts

Unless you are elderly or in some kind of physical therapy, you have NO excuse to hold the rails on a treadmill. Especially for those who set the incline really high. Guess what? You don't impress me. If you have to hold on to the rails then you NEED TO LOWER THE INCLINE OR SLOW DOWN because you are only kidding yourself.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nuzzy. Show nuzzy's posts

When there are 10 open elliptical machines between me and the next person and someone comes along and has to use the one right next to me.  Also I can't stand people who use phones in the gym!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vinnie75. Show vinnie75's posts

peoplewho don't know how to work out like ENNIO the idiot doesn't get it just because he/she doesn't have the same goals as the guy who wants to actually get stronger HE/she has to be bothered by that....just for your info to get stronger you have to push yourself and that push causes pain and muscle failure thus the grunt and the weight falling rather abruptly.
    my biggest complain is people who do 5 sets of any exercise after they have already warmed up. waste of time and counter productive and they tie up a machine way too long....guys if your not a body builder don't hit every angle of a muscle with all this isolation crap it does nothing but bring lots of blood to your muscle and stratch marks

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from smville. Show smville's posts

Awesome that people clean off the machines, but please don't spray me as I'm on the next machine over.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtsummers. Show vtsummers's posts

1- people who don't sign up for machines during busy times and then give me a hard time for wanting to use that machine (if nothing else is available)
    2- people who use cologne/hairspray/deoderant JUST before they get to the gym
    3- PEOPLE WHO SPEND LOTS OF TIME ON MACHINES BARELY WORKING OUT, BARELY BREAKING A SWEAT, WHEN YOU KNOW THEY'RE TOTALLY CAPABLE OF WORKING OUT MUCH, MUCH HARDER!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtsummers. Show vtsummers's posts

oh, and of course- people who sweat ALL OVER A MACHINE, and don't wipe it down- that's just NASTY.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garusanu. Show garusanu's posts

dudes who walk around the locker room completely naked for like 15 minutes.  They brush their teeth naked, they comb their hair naked, they have conversations naked.  Do us all a favor and wrap a towel around your waist.  Whatever...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garusanu. Show garusanu's posts

dudes who walk around the locker room completely naked, for like 15 minutes.  They go from their locker to the sink to the scale back to thier locker completely naked.  They have conversations with people buck naked.  Do us all a favor and put a towel around your waist.  It's usually the 60 year old guys.  Whatever...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxinerogers. Show maxinerogers's posts

Fat ladies with spandex on eliptical machines, or people wasting time in general.  Yes, I believe eliptical machines are a waste of time.  Low impact equals waste of time.  Go for a walk.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosdan80. Show bosdan80's posts

walking on treadmills.  they are for running.  
    people who spend more time socializing than working out.
    horrible attire. wear a full shirt please, nobody wants to see your backne or your frump.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from g0nz0. Show g0nz0's posts

People who blow out the mucus from their noses... in the steamroom.
    oh yeah, 
    and the thoughtless swine who make "grand entrances" into the steam room... and let all the steam out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from trinatrina. Show trinatrina's posts

People who see the gym as a social club instead of a place to WORKOUT.
    Posted by THEBUNBOY

As long as these people are not in the way they can do what they want.  They are paying for their membership

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trinatrina. Show trinatrina's posts

My biggest is men who bully the women both on the workout floor and in the pool.  It is not uncommon for some men to jump in front of you to use the workout equipment you are waiting to use and in the pool(the pool at my gym has only 3 lanes), some men will immediately jump in the lane with a women while ignoring the other two lanes with men.  they then proceed to kick you, so you can leave the pool.  So punk.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jds1282. Show jds1282's posts

People who don't wear deodorant and/or wear the same sweat-drenched clothes over and over without washing them. 

Second would be people who walk at a snail's pace on a treadmill while having a meaningless cell phone conversation. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from judygggg. Show judygggg's posts

Too hot !   Everyone is working out, it should be cool in the gym!
    Posted by SeasideDreamer

Agreed.   If you are too cold - you're not working out hard enough -  The people who get cold are barely doing anything! Wear a sweatshirt if you don't like it!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebelleza. Show ebelleza's posts

People who snap their gum during their workout, whether its during cardio on the treadmill/elliptical/bike or in the stretching area. OMG! That is SO annoying how can you not get how annoying it is?

Or...people who work out and the first thing they do when they leave the gym is light up a cigarette. Seriously??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from eyebrough. Show eyebrough's posts

The guy in the locker room that walks all over the place with no towel on..god sake man put on a towel or sumthin

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

Not wiping down equipment after being used.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cod3. Show cod3's posts

The chick who shows up at the gym at 5 am with full make-up. I mean, heavy eyeliner, mascara, etc. Puh-leeze!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

Guys who wear skin tight shirts.  Its called UNDER Armour for a reason guys.

Sections
Shortcuts