What do you find annoying?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

What do you find annoying?

What are the things in life that drive you crazy? Dirty dishes left in the sink instead of placed in the empty dishwasher? Bugs buzzing around your head when you're trying to sleep? What really annoys you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Re: What do you find annoying?

Cable companies that continue to call you 1 1/2 years after you discontinued service in an attempt to lure you back.  I told them we don't have a tv and they still try to convince us to sign up!  We gave up trying to be polite, just hang up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cognizant. Show Cognizant's posts

People who dont use indicators when they decide to quickly switch lanes!

also, people who have a serious lack of manners...a simple thank you goes a long way

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robo84. Show Robo84's posts

I took the Boston.com poll and I was glad I am not alone in this.  The most "super"
    annoying item (greater than 70% agreed) was the annoying cell phone users!!!  I absolutely agree with this.  More than sitting in traffic, nails on the chalkboard, dealing with bugs, etc... this was the most annoying!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JC126. Show JC126's posts

People who eat popcorn on the train. 
    People who tell you to "smile". 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillworking. Show stillworking's posts

People who chomped their food , eat with their mouth open.
    People who are in front of you , yet appear to be walking backwards , or just come to a complete stop the minute they go thru the door.
    People who have no respect for others .
    People who live above you  keep odd hours, and stomp their feet when walking over your head, they may even wake you out of a dead sleep.
    People who park to close and then slam their door into the side of your car.
    People on cell phones , not paying attention to anything around them .They may even be driving a car.Idiots!!!
    People who don't pay their way.
    The lying Politicians , lying welfare and social security cheats.Lying people who work under the table and are on Masshealth or medicaid />
    Just people in general ,who have that rat mentality.
    ughghghghghghghg

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrenchBullDog. Show FrenchBullDog's posts

The cows out there (men and women) who chew their gum and pop it on the street, in the train, on the T and on the company shuttle.

People with  Boston accents who say they are "code" instead of "Cold" for instance.

People who say "Birfday" for "Birthday" and "ax" instead of "ask"

Wealthy women who work and who go on maternity leave.  It's called maternity leave because the preggers leave their work for others to do.  When they return to work they pop their offspring into daycare for someone else to raise and complain that they feel guilty for leaving their kids in daycare.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanWaltham. Show DanWaltham's posts

Cell phone users who do pay attention as they drive
    Cell phone users who cannot grocery shop without being on one
    Cell phone users who do not comply when the pilot says TURN IT OFF
    Facebook/Twitter users who believe everything they do all day long is important
    Coworkers who spend half their day on personal calls or web surfing and then 
         complain they are overworked
    Parents who bring their kids to a restaurant and let them run as if it was a nursery
    Parents who bring their kids on a plane and let them run as if it was a nursery
    Political ad signs already showing up on lawns
    The same TV commercials running 10 times each night
        All Southwest Airlines Red Tape ads
        The early falsh mob guy with the slow cell service
    Any article that includes: a Kardashian, Lindsay Lohan, a Jersey Shore person,
        Charlie Sheen, a Bachelor/Bachelorette contestant, Paris Hilton.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GG49. Show GG49's posts

People who drive in the middle lane and don't move to the right lane even when cars are passing them on both sides.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from willh55. Show willh55's posts

surveys

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caveman-. Show Caveman-'s posts

I only get annoyed by two groups of people.
    1) Hypocrites.
    2) People annoyed by other people.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elaine17. Show Elaine17's posts

Cell phones.......over the top now (everywhere

Using handicapped parking when you are healthy

Stupid traffic lights  ........need to adjust for am and pm commute

Republicans in congress now

Abuse of fmla's

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beesue. Show beesue's posts

People who eat on the T or clip their nails or curl their eyelashes....and of course the jerks who have to talk on the phone really loud just so they can hear themselves. 

And the tourists who think they have to walk right on the red freedom trail line and hog up the whole sidewalk

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffcutler. Show jeffcutler's posts

Annoying Things

Campers - those drivers who stay in the left or middle lane and won't move over even though cars are passing them.

Drivers who think a light has to be red before they get to an intersection for them to stop.

People texting in cars

People talking on phones in cars

Pedestrians who walk across the street outside of the crosswalk

Pedestrians who push the walk button and then walk anyhow, so the light turns green well after they've continued their day - wasting the time of everyone who now has to wait for the light

Drivers who allow pedestrians and other cars to cross in front of them...there are traffic and other laws to take care of this, just drive your car...it's the pedal on the right...press it!

Lack of traffic enforcement EVERYWHERE. If the police would sit at a stop light for an hour, there'd be no deficit as the fines they collected would be in the trillions. Also bring back enforcement of jaywalking laws.

Drivers who won't let you in.

Drivers who let everyone in.

Sports radio inanity.

There's a ton more, but I've got other things to fix on this planet. Chat later.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hachoocashoo. Show hachoocashoo's posts

This happened to me yesterday.  I drove round-trip to a hiking event and brought three people.  The mileage was probably 70 miles altogether.  No one even offered to chip in gas money.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AwesomeCatwoman. Show AwesomeCatwoman's posts

In no particular order:

Grown women who still talk like teenagers with teen slang and a higher vocal range;

Pop songs where the singer doesn't so much sing but belt out notes at top volume (also usually female singers) just because she can;

Customer service people who call be by name several times during a transaction or call who are told to use my name because it "personalizes" the experience (just stop it already; sounds phony);

Incorrect apostrophe usage.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemmamari. Show lemmamari's posts

I get a pre-recorded phone call on my house phone (which I keep for emergencies only) every single day.  Same recording, I'm on the do-not-call list.  I've even tried to have them remove me (they hang up).  I do not have caller id so I always answer just in case.  It's at the point I've stopped myself short of smashing my phone to bits!  I'm so annoyed I think if I knew who it was I'd go and wring their necks personally.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PistolPete1. Show PistolPete1's posts

It is Feb-BREW-ary, not Feb-YOU-ary!

The closest beanery to "Beantown" is in Portland ME.  Get over it, saying "Beantown" is like calling the place on the west coast "Frisco"

"Hot enough for ya?"  Nah, turn it up another 80 degrees, or give me a blanket...

On that note, people who if they didn't have the weather to talk about would not have anything to say.  STHU

People who want to show you the video from the delivery room.  People who want to show your wedding video...   If I was not in either, both are probably not interesting.  And your wife in that position is just GROSS.

Fairweather Yankee fans....   you know the type, Game 3 of the 04 ALCS they are decked out head to toe with Yankees crap, but after Game 4, the stuff is nowhere in sight.....   and especially after Games 5 6 and 7

People who wear a ball cap with the brim pointed in any direction other than straight ahead.  What the heck, are you so stupid you can't master that the brim goes over the nose?  Those underwear you put on backwards this morning must be right comfortable...

Ditto for mens pants worn halfway down the cheek.  What, did you drop a deuce in them and they are weighted down?

Axe cologne

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from burbie. Show burbie's posts

- idling engines
    - streets that are unlabeled or whose label is so far from the corner, you can't see it in time, or whose label is obscured by something.
    - littering
    - criminals who don't keep their dog on a leash
    - poking up to a green light (I do that if I'm not in a hurry AND there's no one behind me, because he might be in a hurry.)
    - liberals who call themselves environmentalists but drive big SUVs, don't use reusable bags, won't carry a can or bottle an extra few blocks to recycle it, just for starters
    - Employees, esp. store clerks, who are hard to understand, because they're not proficient in English
    - Companies that buy up their competitors just to shut them down
    - Loyalty cards and store credit cards (it's all just tracking)
    - People who totally misunderstand your question
    - Spaces in filenames, in fact any character other letters, digits, dash, plus, and dot (because some of us still sometimes use a command line and these characters have special meanings to the shell).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from burbie. Show burbie's posts

BTW, all you cell phone complainers: Here are 2 reasons why you are annoyed by cell phones.

1. The human brain is more distracted by hearing only one side of a conversation, because it compulsively tries to fill in the other half.

2. A telephone intentionally gives you some feedback on your voice through the line, so you can gauge how loud you are speaking. On a cell phone this signal is delayed for a very short amount of time, but just enough to make it useless, so people tend to talk louder on a cell phone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from otromono. Show otromono's posts

In Response to Re: What do you find annoying?:
    [QUOTE]The cows out there (men and women) who chew their gum and pop it on the street, in the train, on the T and on the company shuttle. People with  Boston accents who say they are "code" instead of "Cold" for instance. People who say "Birfday" for "Birthday" and "ax" instead of "ask" Wealthy women who work and who go on maternity leave.  It's called maternity leave because the preggers leave their work for others to do.  When they return to work they pop their offspring into daycare for someone else to raise and complain that they feel guilty for leaving their kids in daycare.
    Posted by FrenchBullDog[/QUOTE]

Wow, you must not have kids. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

I get annoyed when people write things that make no sense.

Anyone here who's from Boston ever heard anyone with a "Boston accent" say "code" for "cold"?  Never heard such a thing.

And why specifically the annoyance with "wealthy" women who go on maternity leave?  What does the level of wealth have to do with the rest of your reasoning?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

In Response to Re: What do you find annoying?:
    [QUOTE]I get annoyed when people write things that make no sense. Anyone here who's from Boston ever heard anyone with a "Boston accent" say "code" for "cold"?  Never heard such a thing. And why specifically the annoyance with "wealthy" women who go on maternity leave?  What does the level of wealth have to do with the rest of your reasoning?
    Posted by poppy609[/QUOTE]
    b0rn and raised here and i am now aware of the fact that i do!  i will work on correcting that shortly, as i am close to mastering the "r" pronunciation!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from emmess. Show emmess's posts

the fact that this post annoyed me. bitter folk out there

Sections
Shortcuts