What do you find annoying?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc1555. Show bc1555's posts

Re: What do you find annoying?

Publications that lay off all their good writers, shrink their content and axe entire sections (remember the Books section?  Heck, remember Living/Arts?), convert what's left to 80% celebrity news and "Are You at Risk For This Incredibly Unlikely But Eye-Catching Tragedy?"...and then expect people to pay for their online "content".  Sorry, but if I decided three years ago that the paper version was no longer worth the money, I sure won't be paying for this!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TCBN. Show TCBN's posts

Democrats who keeps taxing and taxing and spending my money without any fiscal discipline.  Super Annoying.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from greg1954. Show greg1954's posts

People talking on the phone, while trying to drive. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from exmilloyfan. Show exmilloyfan's posts

People who get to the top of an escalator or stairway, or out of an elevator, or just inside or outside a doorway and stop dead in their tracks regardless of whether they have their stupid cellphones in hand.  Then get mad at me or someone else for running into them. Get out of the way of the pedestrian traffic flow, people!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LaFemmeNikita. Show LaFemmeNikita's posts

Dogs that bark and the owners who think it's normal or cute. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from exmilloyfan. Show exmilloyfan's posts

In Response to Re: What do you find annoying?:
    [QUOTE]Dogs that bark and the owners who think it's normal or cute. 
    Posted by LaFemmeNikita[/QUOTE]

A bark or two or four - normal
    Incessant - not normal, and def not cute!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50Otis. Show 50Otis's posts

Lets start with the number of bad links, incomplete page formating and halts in the Boston.com web site. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaput007. Show kaput007's posts

Bullies. Hypocrites. People who are uber-cheerful first thing in the morning. People who laugh at everything I say. People who never stop talking. People who grab me just to say hi. Those awful kids who stand on the street with questionnaires blocking my way while I'm trying to get home and saying condescending things like, "just trying to get you to smile!" Dog owners. (The dogs are fine, the owners are insane.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazingjane. Show amazingjane's posts

Allowing people to park on Storrow Drive during Hatch Shell events.

People on bicycles who ride at night with no lights.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vinca123. Show vinca123's posts

Two pet peeves...

People who won't wait their turn in traffic. The sign says left lane closed ahead and they wait until the last minute to merge into the right lane. If they moved over once they saw the sign, like most people do, then the traffic would move faster for every one. But, they are selfish and inconsiderate, and feel like they have the right to cut in front of everyone. Wait your turn!!!

People who don't return their shopping cart to the collection bin and leave them all over the parking lot, blocking the parking spaces. I've seen carts left in parking spaces that are only a couple of spaces from the bin. Come on... It's only about 10 steps to walk to the bin and put in the cart... How long is it going to take 1 or 2 minutes... Once again, the people who leave the carts all over the parking lot are selfish and considerate... and LAZY!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kathdunkin. Show kathdunkin's posts

People who block the entrance/exit of subway cars so you need to fight your way on or off.  And they almost always come in large size and carry backpacks!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bonzoringo. Show bonzoringo's posts

Hackneyed stock photography

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cubegirl. Show cubegirl's posts

Drivers who don't turn their headlights on when it's raining (so dangerous when visibility is poor and is also against the law), or who don't signal they're turning right at an intersection where you've been waiting patiently to take a left-hand turn. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Historygirl. Show Historygirl's posts

Well I could list several if need be but the one that really stands out the most to me is:  You're on a bus that is packed to the brim and when your stop comes up the people standing the closest to the door don't  have the common curteousie to get off the bus so that people can be let out at their stop.  I had a bus driver ask that of people this morning and they just totally ignored him and seeing how I had to get off at court house station, I said to the people standing there to simply realize that I felt what they did was completely ignorant and they should be ashamed of themselves.   The next thing that bothers me is the constant use of swear words young people and older people a like use to express themselves.  I swear I must be getting to be a real prude and I'm sorry.  People can we find other words beside swear words to use after all I think you're all intelligent enough to try.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrEdZone. Show DrEdZone's posts

Drivers who pass the Driver's Ed car, illegally, because we're 'only' doing the speed limit. Drivers who blow their horn at the Driver's Ed car because we don't gun it the second the light changes. Or, because we wait inside the stop line to be able to complete the intersection when making a left turn.
    Just a few examples, there are plenty more.
    Apparently these drivers were born knowing how to drive. Cut these kids a little slack. They are only trying to do the right thing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie2323. Show laurie2323's posts

[QUOTE]surveys
    Posted by willh55[/QUOTE]

Even more annoying: surveys like this with stupid questions. That's 90 seconds of my life I'll never get back. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from burbie. Show burbie's posts

[QUOTE]This happened to me yesterday.  I drove round-trip to a hiking event and brought three people.  The mileage was probably 70 miles altogether.  No one even offered to chip in gas money.  
    Posted by hachoocashoo[/QUOTE]

I find it annoying when other people expect you to read their minds. If you offer to drive them there, don't expect them to chip in for gas unless you ask themgift  ahead of time. It's like the woman who told her boyfriend not to get her a birthday and then got mad at him when he didn't.

Is it that to ask?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from InspirationLoveFate. Show InspirationLoveFate's posts

People who think high of themselves. Those who always make a fuss out of everything.