What is your biggest fitness obstacle?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

What is your biggest fitness obstacle?

What is the biggest obstacle when it comes to hitting your fitness goals? Is it finding enough time in the day? Pushing yourself? Do you struggle with your diet? Share your biggest challenge.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDiSaia. Show DrDiSaia's posts

Re: What is your biggest fitness obstacle?

Time.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wangxumei. Show wangxumei's posts

Watching shenyun to receive protection from Master Li  !!! it doesn't  need  much time.
     There is an old woman named Shuzhen from the Gaoxin District in Xingtai City, Hebei Province, who experienced a Falun Dafa miracle. In December 2009, Xingtai City had several days of heavy snow, and the roads became very slippery. When visiting a relative there, Shuzhen accidentally fell. The doctor said that she had fractured bones. Because of her advanced age, the doctor said she would need at least three to four months to mend.
    A few days ago, a Falun Gong practitioner told Shuzhen the facts about Falun Gong and told her that Falun Dafa is good. The practitioner also gave Shuzhen a DVD of a Shen Yun performance. The old woman was very happy. She watched the DVD over and over. A miracle happened: On the third day, she was able to leave her bed and move around with ease.

Shuzhen was very excited. She told her family, "Come watch Shen Yun. Shen Yun is miraculous!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

With 16 wakeful hours in a day, is time really the problem?   Isn't it time management?

I have no desire to work out in the damp, dark unfinished basement, and the elliptical trainer doesn't fit anywhere else in the house.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

If you're working 10 hour days with 2 hours of commute time, then time is an issue, when you want to work in errands, food preparation and showering. Energy is also a problem. 

I have plenty of time on weekends, but not much during the week. I do what I can then, but it's a challenge. I look forward to having a few good hours for activity on the weekends.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digip. Show digip's posts

I eat when I'm not really hungry... :(

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

10 minutes pre-shower, 10 minute "coffee break" walk at lunch, and 10 minutes sometime after work would be worth as much as a 30 minute workout, and I don't think there's a schedule in the world that would squeeze out those 3 short sessions.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

I don't know that would make any strides towards any fitness goal, since 10 minutes doesn't really get the heart pumping. It might be enough to make you less than a total sloth, but it's not going to do a lot for fitness. For me, it takes least a half-hour of real strenuous activity to feel like a workout. Otherwise, it's just daily activity.

You can choose to take the stairs over the elevator and that probably adds to your overall well being, but is that fitness? Not really. It's just a shade above total laziness.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Studies have suggested that 3 10 minute bouts is nearly equivalent to 1 30 minute stint of exercise even as non-intuitive as it might be.  I've read about it in Shape and seen it on Dr. Oz in the last year.

ETA:  This is from the CDC (full page)

10 minutes at a time is fine

We know 150 minutes each week sounds like a lot of time, but you don't have to do it all at once. Not only is it best to spread your activity out during the week, but you can break it up into smaller chunks of time during the day. As long as you're doing your activity at a moderate or vigorous effort for at least 10 minutes at a time.

Give it a try

Try going for a 10-minute brisk walk, 3 times a day, 5 days a week. This will give you a total of 150 minutes of moderate-intensity activity.

And, this from the Mayo Clinic, "Short on long chunks of time? Even brief bouts of activity offer benefits. For instance, if you can't fit in one 30-minute walk, try three 10-minute walks instead."  (from  this article)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

It is better than nothing, but it depends on what your goals are. If your goal is just to move enough to be reasonably healthy, that's enough, but it isn't enough for anything more than that.

Really, how "fit" are you going to get from a 10 minute walk? Not very. When that was all I put in my day (10 minute walks to and from my car and 10 minutes at lunch walking briskly), I felt like a complete sloth. It's exercise, but it wasn't enough to make me feel like there was any fitness benefit whatsoever.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harry-O. Show Harry-O's posts

Getting up in the morning!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I am not a morning person..but if I don't work out in the morning..chances are it's not going to happen. Now I get up at an ungodly hour..go work out and then continue on with my morning..so really the biggest challenge comes at that moment I get out of bed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billroberts1. Show billroberts1's posts

interesting

Track your Fitness & Nutrition on Fitmingle

www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fitmingle.com%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzdghLXAq4Psmx1SEqhuLeJVo2mdIw">www.fitmingle.com

Bill Roberts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EmersonCat. Show EmersonCat's posts

Time for me too.