What is your favorite exercise?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

What is your favorite exercise?

Would you rather swim than run? What is your favorite type of exercise and why?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lgmoney. Show lgmoney's posts

Re: What is your favorite exercise?

running is a great fat burner and an exercise that you can get the most out of in shortest amount of time. but I feel it can create overuse injuries over time, at least that is what happened to me.  i know people who have observed PR's on their running when they were triatholon training, so cross training with the bike and swim was key to their success.  So biking and swimming are my favorite cardio work outs, get to mik them up, but still get in other functional training, yoga and weights.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Swimming is without question my favorite exercise...second would probably be Pilates..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugarxo. Show sugarxo's posts

My favorite thing to do is strength training.. I wish I could enjoy running, but I really just despise it.. I do like walking, hiking, eliptical, stairmaster and swimming also.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: What is your favorite exercise?:
    [QUOTE]My favorite thing to do is strength training.. I wish I could enjoy running, but I really just despise it.. I do like walking, hiking, eliptical, stairmaster and swimming also.
    Posted by sugarxo[/QUOTE]

ditto on the running thing.  I tried for a month to get into it and haaaaated it.

ice skating is my favorite exercise, but I don't get to the rink very often at all.  Elliptical at home.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tuxcat26. Show tuxcat26's posts

I like all kinds, but lately I've been doing kettlebells - different, but a nice way to change things up a bit.  Form is key, but once you've mastered that, you can get great cardio, muscle toning and core training all at once.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

I love love love spin classes! I wish there were more spin studios around. I burn so many calories and the hour goes by so fast!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from k2togssk. Show k2togssk's posts

Karate (just got my first degree black belt), muy thai (kickboxing), Gracie jiu jitsu.  I also run.  Martial arts is the first form of physical fitness that I fell in love with.  I do it because want to, not because I feel I have to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sweetz10. Show Sweetz10's posts

Pilates - planks - they work everything - and you get stretching so while one area or group is working - another group is stretching - it's progressive - very easy to do and proven - 80+ years. It's customizable - so the stronger you get - the harder you can make it using just your own body weight.

I love planks esp off a ball - you have to work even harder to be stable.

Boxing and kickboxing - cardio and some strength/balance/agility training. It's fun and again highly effective. I don't have time to waste so I gravitate towards exercise that does a lot in a short amount of time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sweetz10. Show Sweetz10's posts

Running is great when in conjunction with other exercises.

The key is to mix it up. That will help avoid overuse injuries and make sure that you are working your entire body in different ways. You'll get results, never be bored, and stay motivated. It's important to be consistent in your workouts.

You have to have fun.

When I do housework - I'm very efficient and move from task to task - my heart rate gets up - it's moderate exercise - and I view it as a bonus.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cliffwaters. Show cliffwaters's posts

I see the zombies running down Castle Island. They are transfixed and nasty looking. Most are women,and you know they have no social life. One told me she goes to bed every night at 9, so she will be well rested in the morning to run.Ladies, there is a life out there. You're not world class runners.Get use to other exercises and enjoy your self.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cliffwaters. Show cliffwaters's posts

In Response to Re: What is your favorite exercise?:
    [QUOTE]I see the zombies running down Castle Island. They are transfixed and nasty looking. Most are women,and you know they have no social life. One told me she goes to bed every night at 9, so she will be well rested in the morning to run.Ladies, there is a life out there. You're not world class runners.Get use to other exercises and enjoy your self.
    Posted by cliffwaters[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inter-Planet. Show Inter-Planet's posts

Group Power / Body Pump - so much fun!!  It is an hour of weight training choreographed to music.  The class uses barbells so you can add as much as you want.  When you reach muscle failure you can just lose yourself in the music and push through it until it is over.  The endorphins are amazing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MFG2010. Show MFG2010's posts

Horseback riding - works every inch of your body, helps promote great posture and a strong core.  Yoga and walking when not in the saddle. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PMcG. Show PMcG's posts

I like to lift weights and then jog for half an hour.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Zumba is my absolute favorite way to exercise, with dance and walking in a tie for second.  Zumba to me feels more like dance than exercise, I love the music, and have a lot of fun while burning tons of calories.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I take a walk early in the morning before my brain figures out what I am doing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billroberts1. Show billroberts1's posts

Track your Fitness & Nutrition on Fitmingle

www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fitmingle.com%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzdghLXAq4Psmx1SEqhuLeJVo2mdIw">www.fitmingle.com

Bill Roberts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EmersonCat. Show EmersonCat's posts

kick boxing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston5--. Show Boston5--'s posts

Walking,playing Golf(Low Aerobics)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Walking the dog!     http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/2011_0927walk_the_dog_drop_the_pounds_researchers_look_to_put_leash_on_obesity/

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

Weight Lifting.. started lifting weights at 15  now 42 still working out.. Started to gain weight and strength to play football. By time I was a senior my body had changed so much I could not stopped looked to good.. Plus I was still playing football

At 42 I still have a lot of muscle