What motivates you to move?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

What motivates you to move?

What is your biggest motivator for moving/exercising? Is it your family, figure, or weight loss? We want to know.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lgmoney. Show lgmoney's posts

Re: What motivates you to move?

total health and wellness.  do it right, you feel better, look better, are better, needs to be part of the total plan, which includes eating right things and not too much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Probably good health..and the energy boost.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugarxo. Show sugarxo's posts

I am motivated by having to see how much weight I have put on since my 20s :(

I also do it for health and happiness. Working out makes me feel good! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchJillyrun. Show watchJillyrun's posts

Funny, I blogged about what motivates me tonight.  What motivates me most is how I look and feel and people's response to how I look and feel.
    ...some background...I've lost 70lbs in the past 10 months.  You can check more of my blog post out about what motivates me here:

http://adventuresintrainingforamarathon.com/2011/05/31/motivation-getting-it-and-keeping-it/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheryld9690. Show cheryld9690's posts

Going to a gym and seeing others working out.  Nothing gives me more drive to succeed in my exercise regimen than a room full of people showing the same desire to get fit and improve their overall health. 

Also, I will try on 2 pc. swimsuits in Dec./Jan and shock myself into the reality that in just a few short months I will either look great in this suit or look like a hot mess!  This is usually the driving force that will get me to stop eating those heavy winter meals and get me out on those cold winter days to start a workout routine which will give me positive results by early spring~!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

As shallow as it might be, I'm mostly motivated by vanity.  Longevity and health into old age is important to me, too - who wants to become decrepit for having made poor eating and exercise choices, but I love being slender in and of itself.  My husband prefers the slender, fit look, too...need I say more?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkukuyu. Show mkukuyu's posts

Training for my Triathalon.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nanamem. Show nanamem's posts

my husband's enthusiasm and motivation

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheKidsRAllRight. Show TheKidsRAllRight's posts

My older brother had emergency open-heart surgery.  Other siblings are on pharmaceuticals for cholesterol and high blood pressure. ....I've been working out since my high school years, though.  It's so relaxing, especially after cardio. Exercising helps me to envision I'm athletic even though I don't play a sport.  Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeasyII. Show LeasyII's posts

I exercise practically every day -- just started a new diet and exercise regimen in June and I've lost 20 pounds by eating right and working out - I feel awesome, and I still have a shedload more to lose, but I'm down a couple of chins, so I'll call it a win. HAHAAA!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rubygordo. Show rubygordo's posts

My almost 4 year old twins- running after them all day requires one to be in fighting shape!  Also, working out daily, and mixing up my workouts, makes me feel good physically AND mentally.  I'd go insane in the winter if I did not workout.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from drvr259. Show drvr259's posts

seeing the number of young, middle aged, overweight and obese people I work with. their diet mostly consists of pizza, chinese food and potato chips along with lack of physical activity and their waistline is bigger than their chest. that's all I need.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank-n-Stine. Show Frank-n-Stine's posts

I am in great shape and the reason is anger. The only way for me to get rid of my anger is to work it off at the gym. Forunately the current economic situation, the rising cost of everything, the mismanagement by our local, state, and Federal government gives me me endless motivation to go to the gym. I check out Boston.com first thing in the morning and I have no problem getting a great workout in. Also with the rising prices I eat less and the only thing I can do for free is go for a power walk.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SweetScarlette. Show SweetScarlette's posts

I like to play several sports and when you're more supple it cuts down on the risk of injuries. So I work out and practice yoga.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from urkiddinme. Show urkiddinme's posts

In Response to Re: What motivates you to move?:
    [QUOTE]As shallow as it might be, I'm mostly motivated by vanity.  Longevity and health into old age is important to me, too - who wants to become decrepit for having made poor eating and exercise choices, but I love being slender in and of itself.  My husband prefers the slender, fit look, too...need I say more?
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

I'm with kargiver! After ballooning to over 200 pounds for a decade (late 20s-late 30s) I was sick of looking at a mess in the mirror and made the decision to start the next phase of my life LOOKING and FEELING great.  I'm almost four years into a 60-pound weight loss/maintenance and sliding into size 4 clothing is what motivates me to exercise EVERY day and to eat clean 98% of the time.  Everyone who thinks I'm "missing out" by spending my free time at the gym and avoiding junk food can be my guest and die on their couch watching reality TV with a bag of chips in their hands for all I care.  I'm proud of the way I look and proud of the way I live my life ... and so is my ten-years-younger-than-I-am boyfriend! ;)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem5. Show jem5's posts

Music Music Music...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbcoach. Show mbcoach's posts

In Response to What motivates you to move?:
    [QUOTE]What is your biggest motivator for moving/exercising? Is it your family, figure, or weight loss? We want to know.
    Posted by BostonDotCom[/QUOTE]

Definitely weight loss... After going outside of the country (Europe) and seeing their average everday people walking the streets, I came to realize just how pathetically over weight I was. Living among folks here, my wieght is acceptable and par for the course. It certainly is NOT a healthy acceptable condition to be in!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tiredofthebulge. Show Tiredofthebulge's posts

In Response to What motivates you to move?:
    [QUOTE]What is your biggest motivator for moving/exercising? Is it your family, figure, or weight loss? We want to know.
    Posted by BostonDotCom[/QUOTE]

After travel outside the country (Europe), I realized just how overweight I was. It seems that living "inside the box" convinces you that you are "OK." The fact is our society brands this as a "safe acceptable weight" for "our population." Man have I been a sucker for so many years! Fat American guy now on the aerobic equipment nearly everyday for the past 3 weeks for at least one hour! Damn I'm motivated!!! Six pounds off, 30 lbs. to go...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mal1234. Show mal1234's posts

Mental Health.....get very grouchy if I don't get in a workout for a few days....plus 47 years old and still playing ice hockey with the guys....those after hockey beers are the best you can get...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldElvis. Show OldElvis's posts

I recently got a physical to be an Adult leader in Boy Scouts.   There are requirements now ( height related weight alloances) that allow you to do some of the more high adventure stuff.  After years of my Doctor telling me to excersize, this was finally the motivation I needed.  I didn't need to lose the weight now, but my blood work is much better and I've dropped 15 lbs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedEmpire2010. Show RedEmpire2010's posts

Signing up for a challenging physical event.  Good health, figure, etc. only motivate you for so long.  But committing to a physical challenge keeps you on your plan. 

Getting ready for Amesbury Spartan Sprint in Aug. and Rugged Maniac in Sept. have kept me motivated to working out.  Check them out, they are a lot of fun!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunnyfeet. Show bunnyfeet's posts

My sons!! My sons want me to play with them and chase them at the park.  I workout so I can have the energy to do this. The best thing one of my sons said to me once was "Mom, wow, you can keep up with me"!  Yes, I can!! After a year and a half of running I don't get winded or tired and I can last just as long as they can! I also swim with them, and skate with them in the winter. They will remember these things when they get older and have the best memories!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ooooom2. Show ooooom2's posts

Simple.  I don't want to be fat.

Sections
Shortcuts