What's your favorite quirky exercise?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTD714. Show TTD714's posts

Re: What's your favorite quirky exercise?

Lifting running, jumping rope and using undelation ropes.  im 40 and im a beast. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdemeis. Show jdemeis's posts

Indoor go kart racing.  I started doing this once a week to practice my driving skills, but it turns out to be a surprisingly intense workout.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cambridgebased. Show cambridgebased's posts

I run backwards, uphill, on my treadmill. MUCH less wear-and-tear on my knees.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldBub. Show OldBub's posts

In Response to Re: What's your favorite quirky exercise?:
    [QUOTE]BIKRAM YOGA. 90 minutes. 26 Postures. 104 degrees. Gallons of Sweat. Life Changing. 
    Posted by JessicaHaley1234[/QUOTE]
    I'm sure Bikram Yoga is terrific, but my skill level seems too low just yet.  I really enjoy, and feel I benefit tremendously from, plain old Yoga executed somewhat more slowly at normal room temperature.  I've experienced improved balance, core strength and confidence while focusing on form and getting deeper into the postures.  Gradually gaining freedom from chronic pains is a definite plus too.  Saw the other day that the US Army is now incorporating Yoga in training programs.  I encourage anyone to find an entry level class and stay with it for 3 months.  Don't compare yourself with anyone else - just see if you don't feel a whole lot better!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from burbie. Show burbie's posts

[QUOTE]BIKRAM YOGA. 90 minutes. 26 Postures. 104 degrees. Gallons of Sweat. Life Changing. 
    Posted by JessicaHaley1234[/QUOTE]

Sorry, heating my house or even one room to 104° is way beyond what my conscience as an environmentalist can accept. I'm sure there is no scientific proof that this works.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from burbie. Show burbie's posts

Walking about a half a mile to fetch a pail (or jug) of water at a commercial water filter. Cheaper and less polluting than buying it at the store. On the way back it's mostly uphill. Who needs 5 lb. weights? A gallon of water weighs about 8.3 lbs.

Also walking to any store within a mile. Saves gas and wear and tear on my car from those short trips and keeps me in shape at the same time. Like some previous posters, I like to get real work while I'm getting exercise. It makes it less boring.

I'd like to see a whole web site or forum on CHEAP ways to get exercise, esp. ways that can even SAVE you money.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sabagup. Show sabagup's posts

aqua aerobics 4 times/week

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billroberts1. Show billroberts1's posts

interesting

Track your Fitness & Nutrition on Fitmingle

www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fitmingle.com%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzdghLXAq4Psmx1SEqhuLeJVo2mdIw">www.fitmingle.com

Bill Roberts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindarc. Show lindarc's posts

I always thought it was ironic that I drive my kids to their sports practices, then sit around and watch them. They're staying fit, but not me! This year, I've decided to work out while they do. In nice weather, I walk. Recently, I joined the Planet Fitness gym, which has locations near all their sports locations. So now I drop the kids off, head to the gym, then pick them up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalanday. Show jalanday's posts

[QUOTE]High Intensity Interval Training - H.I.T. Training You do hard exercises for 2 to 3 minutes than a recovery for a minute. You can do just about anything. You can do a minute of strength training or a minute of just running or walking in place - just to catch your breath enough to start another interval. You burn more calories and there is enough variety so it's not boring.
    Posted by Sweetz10[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalanday. Show jalanday's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's your favorite quirky exercise? :
    Posted by jalanday[/QUOTE]
    Ice skating

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's your favorite quirky exercise? : Ice skating
    Posted by jalanday[/QUOTE]

Last year we were skating on the pond down our road.  In fact, DH drove the tractor onto the ice to plow the snow off!  Not so this year...I wonder if it's going to happen.

I don't know how quirky walking the dog is, but that's what I've been doing this year - 4 miles a day 4 - 5 times a week.  Maybe I'll work up to 5.5 miles on the warmer days.  I'd never walk without the dog - far too boring, and she's good protection and a good listener, too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dentente. Show dentente's posts

conjugating

Sections
Shortcuts