Disinfecting granite countertops

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

Disinfecting granite countertops

Is there a safe way to disinfect granite countertops?  I am afraid to use Lysol or Clorox products on my granite because the labels (at least on the products I saw) didn't explicitly state that they'd be safe for use on granite.  Currently I use soap and a sponge for everyday cleaning, plus I use a granite cleaner about once a week. I'm always very careful when handling raw meat and poultry and consistently use cutting boards or plates whenever I prepare them, so I've never actually spilled any potentially hazardous liquids on the counter.  I'm just thinking more in terms of germs than anything else.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Disinfecting granite countertops

Not sure if it's truly disinfecting, but I use the Clorox Green something or other.  It says it's safe for sealed granite.

However, if you use soap and water, that should be plenty to take care of germs, just like on your hands.  You don't need antibacterial soap.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

Re: Disinfecting granite countertops

In Response to Re: Disinfecting granite countertops:
    Not sure if it's truly disinfecting, but I use the Clorox Green something or other.  It says it's safe for sealed granite. However, if you use soap and water, that should be plenty to take care of germs, just like on your hands.  You don't need antibacterial soap.
    Posted by kargiver

Thanks! 

Sections
Shortcuts