Donating unused toiletries

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kelly3374. Show Kelly3374's posts

I am a teacher who gets many gift sets of lotion, bath wash, etc. from my students as gifts.  While I appreciate these, I can't possibly use all of them!  Can anyone recommend a charity that accepts donations of unused toiletries?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Why not try calling local women's shelters? I can't think of any off hand, but try the ones closest in your area.  They may be able to take them off your hands.  Good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandybaby. Show sandybaby's posts

I second the previous response. My employer holds a drive every year to gather donations of toiletry items for a domestic violence shelter. The shelter uses the donations to get the families started in an apartment so they have the basics. I'm sorry, I have no idea which shelter, they tend to keep that info secret so the guys can't find them. But as a teacher you probably have access to a social services agency in your area.  

A  woman who works at a women's homeless shelter in Boston told me that while the women appreciated the hats, gloves, etc they got at Christmas time, they LOVED getting lipstick, nailpolish and "girly" things. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Another idea is to check with local senior centers or the  Council on Aging. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Giordana. Show Giordana's posts

Rose's Place and the Women's Lunch Place always appreciate unused toiletries.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

I agree w/the previous posters...I also wish to add Pine Street Inn and St. Francis House as well. 

Another idea, if you have old cellphones, I believe there is an agency called "Call to Protect", where you can donate old unused cell phones. 

They reprogram old cellphones to dial 911 only, and hand them to women trying to escape domestic abuse situations.  if these women see their abusers, they can press a button and it automatically connects them to 911 (only)...   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In my town they collect these item for the troops in Afganastan and Iraq.

We collect those things...for a freshen up for the troops return.

Other things are also very welcome like...a pack of gum....the recommended types are sugar free of coarse...but if you think about the troops...they are coming home....everyone wants to hug nd kiss them....a pack of gum goes far for feeling comfortable.

Just a thought