Garage Doors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandybaby. Show sandybaby's posts

Garage Doors

Can anyone recommend a garage door replacement company? I know Sears/ Home Depot/ Lowes does it but I was thinking I might be better off with a small privately owned place.� I am just outside Boston so anywhere�that services the�East Boston, Revere, Winthrop, Saugus, Lynn area.� If a south of Boston place is willing to go through the tunnel that's fine too. While price is certainly a consideration, service�and dependability is more important to me. �Also, if anyone has gone through this process and has an attached garage, did you notice a difference in�controlling the temperature in the house once you had the new door installed? �The rooms right above the garage get very cold and in order to get�them heated properly the rest of the house would be need to be steaming hot. �So while I'll pay up front for the new doors, it'll pay off over the years in heating cost savings, not to mention adding value to the house.� I am thinking of getting the triple insulated kind to really do the trick. thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kai. Show kai's posts

Garage Doors

I'm going through this same exercise right now... I went with the "overhead door company" since they are out near Leominster (closer to us). We currently have a very flimsy garage door - like a single wood panel, and there is living space directly above the "garage".�� I've bought an R-17 rated door, and I'm just waiting for them to call back for an installation date.�� The difference between the R-17 and the R-12.76 was $100 - well worth it when you consider that home heating oil is currently about $4.26/gallon.� Additionally, the new door will also be very well sealed & weather tight, reducing drafts.

My parents also made this upgrade a few years ago - and their garage is much warmer now in the winter.� Comfortable enough for my father to work in there in the winter (he has health issues, so this amazes me).

Sections
Shortcuts